Olive oil is the liquid fat derivative from olives, which is primarily used for cooking, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical applications. It consists mainly of oleic acid along with other fatty acids such as linoleic acid and palmitic acid.
The nutritional value and taste associated with olive oil has raised its demand among the consumers. In addition, the health benefits associated with olive oil has also increased its market demand, which is expected to further increase in the coming years. Virgin olive oil has gained major traction owing to its chemical free processing techniques coupled with increased nutritional content. Furthermore, the growing acceptance of olive oil in culinary uses is likely to increase its market demand in food and beverage applications. Moreover, personal care products are blended with olive oil extracts which has gained market acceptance owing to the skin benefits associated with it. However, limited production of olives in some geographic footprint coupled with fluctuation in olive oil prices have hindered the market growth but increase in demand for olive oil for cooking is expected to create lucrative opportunities to the market.
European countries such as Spain and Italy are the largest consumer of olive oil followed by North America. Furthermore, the emerging economies such as India, China, and Japan have witnessed a rapid increase in the demand for olive oil coupled with domestic production. Moreover, consistent government norms to propel the production in countries such as Brazil are anticipated to boost the olive oil market.
The report on the olive oil market is segmented based on type which includes virgin, pomace and refined olive oil. Based on application, the market is bifurcated into food, beverage, personal care, and pharmaceuticals. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA
Top market players in the olive oil market include Salov, Borges Mediterranean Group, Ybarra, Deoleo, Sovena Group, Figaro, Farrel, Del Monte Foods, Unilever Group, and Lenardo.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global olive oil market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Olive Oil Market Key Segments
- Virgin olive oil
- Personal care
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA