Ophthalmic Lasers Market Market:
Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market was valued at $1,111 million in 2016, and is projected to reach $1,516 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 4.5% from 2017 to 2023. A laser is a light emitting device that works on the principle of optical amplification based on stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation. The application of lasers in the area of ophthalmology is increasing rapidly for treatment of ocular diseases.
Global Ophthalmic Lasers Market Segmentation
The photocoagulation market is expected to generate maximum revenue for the global ophthalmic lasers market. This is attributed to use in the treatment of macular edema, proliferative retinopathy, and others, which is increasingly prevalent across geographies.
Snapshot of LAMEA Ophthalmic Lasers Market
Key vendors focus on the emerging markets, namely, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Brazil offers lucrative opportunities in LAMEA ophthalmic lasers market, owing to increase in number of ocular diseases in this country and other parts of the region, which is further expected to boost the Brazil ophthalmic lasers market during the forecast period.
Saudi Arabia Ophthalmic Lasers Market, 2016-2023 ($Million)
Increasing Prevalence of Visual Impairment Globally
The prevalence of visual impairment-related diseases is increasing globally, owing to change in lifestyle, such as smoking tobacco. Ophthalmic lasers provide a viable alternative for treatment of eye-related diseases, such as glaucoma, cataract, refractive error, age-related macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy.
The key players profiled in the report include Carl Ziess Meditec Ag, Novartis AG, Topcon Corporation, Ellex Medical Corporation, Quantel Inc., Iridex Corporation, Nidek Co., LTD., Lumenis, Abbott Laboratories, and Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems. The other players operating in the industry include Lightmed USA, Coherent, Inc., Ocular Instruments, Asico LLC., Deka M.E.L.A. S.r.l., and NoIR Laser Company, LLC.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global ophthalmic lasers market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides quantitative analysis of the industry from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the global market helps to understand the adoption of ophthalmic lasers for surgical procedures.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices, followed by leading market players across various geographies.
Ophthalmic Lasers Market Key Segments:
The global ophthalmic lasers market is segmented based on type, product, application, end user, and region.
- Photodisruption Lasers
- Selective Trabeculoplasty Laser (SLT)
- Photocoagulation Lasers
- Femtosecond Lasers
- Excimer Lasers
- Nd:YAG Lasers,
- Diode Lasers,
- Refractive Error
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
By End User
- Ambulatory Service Centers
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA