Flour is one of the most consumed cereals in the world and consumed by humans in one or the other way. Flour can be obtained from wheat, rice, soya, maize, and corn. It is used as an ingredient in making bread, pastries, corn-based coating, and other food items including baby food and animal feed. The main consumers of wheat are the fast-food shops and quick-serve restaurants who use the cornflour for coating and wheat flour for bread and buns. Organic flour is derived from the organic cereal crops which are grown and processed as per specific standards and regulations of organic farming. The demand for organic flour has increased because in the organic farming technique farmers don’t spray chemicals, use pesticides and synthetic fertilizers to boost up the growth in plants. Moreover, organic farming includes crop rotation to minimize crop diseases and risk from pests and use organic fertilizers such as manures and plant-based fertilizers. The processing of organic flour has its different set of rules and regulations to follow like sanitation of warehouse, storage precautions, packaging and labeling of the organic flour, and other necessary hygiene factors. The organic flour contains a high amount of proteins, fibers, vitamins & minerals and is healthier for human consumption than inorganic flour.
- The rise of the pandemic has hit the farmers as well as the flour processing mills as the crops are either standing in the field or can’t be transported to mills due to the unavailability of transport facilities.
- The market is anticipated to grow significantly after the lift of lockdown as there will be more demand for healthy and organic food items.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
With the demand of consumers for minimally processed flours and increasing health diseases due to the use of fertilizers and pesticides in the crop which enters into the human food chain, there has been a rise in demand for organic flour globally. The factors driving the global organic flour market are an increase in awareness among millennials towards healthy fast foods, health problems caused by inorganic flour, rise in the standard of living in urban areas, and demand for gluten-free flour. In addition, the gyms, dieticians, and fitness centers recommending diet comprising of organic brown bread, nutrition bars, and organic processed foods have changed the buying pattern of people hence increasing global demand. However, high prices of raw materials and harsh weather conditions affecting the crops are major restraints of the global market. There has been constant research by organic flour industry manufacturers to grow more amount of organic cereals with fewer efforts.
The global Organic flour market trends are as follows:
Tie-ups with the farmers and cultivators
The new era has made the flour processing mills to come up with advanced processing units and take care of the crops before they are sow until the transportation of the seeds till the warehouse. Archer Daniels Midland Co. has introduced a new portfolio of organic flour where the company has claimed that they can provide consistent taste and texture of their organic flour as the company handles all the processing mills and always controls the processing units as per specified standards by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The most important claim by the company is they control the farming techniques of the crops by a tie-up with the farmers and providing them the required tools, techniques, materials, seeds and other expert help to ensure they grow the best quality cereal seeds for their flour.
Use of Social Media as a platform to promote
The digitalized world today is more available on a social media platform like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube rather than on general billboards and hoardings. The organic flour manufacturers have found a new way out to sponsor some diet influencers, popular bodybuilders, and cooking channels and pages in social media having a huge fan following and promote the organic products through them. This has created a positive impact on the customer's mind regarding healthy organic food and there has been a surge in demand through online channels.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global organic flour industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global organic flour market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global organic flour market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global organic flour market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Organic Flour MarketResearch Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the organic flour market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Organic Flour Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Daybreak Mill, Heartland Mill Inc., Ardent Mills, The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Fairhaven Organic Flour Mill,, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Sresta Natural Bioproducts Pvt. Ltd., Yorkshire Organic Millers Limited, Sunrise Flour Mill, Lindley Mills, Inc.