Pasta is a staple food product made up of durum wheat, rice flour, and legumes. Dried pasta and fresh pasta are the two broad categories of pasta but they are available in various types of sizes and shapes. The evolution of technology has led to the commercial production of pasta with improved palatability and enhanced nutritional content. Organic pasta has a similar processing technique as that of traditional pasta but wheat flour, rice flour, soy flour, peas, lentils, and others which are produced by the use of traditional agricultural practices without any use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides are used. The size and shape of organic pasta vary from the short shape, tubes, ribbons, flat shape, sheets, miniature shape, and decorative shapes, the most widely known forms of pasta are penne, fusilli, spaghetti, calamarata, freselle and rigatoni. The manufacturing and consumption of pasta are established from historical times and are known by different names in different parts of the world.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has highly affected the production of organic pasta market, as the procurement of raw material from various countries has been delayed and has affected the sales and revenue of organic pasta market.
- The global supply chain has been hampered due to the export and import ban from one country to another, for instance, the pasta sold in the UK has procurement of raw material from Canada and further processing in Italy, then the transportation is done by trucks through Europe and further to UK wholesale distributors, has been highly affected.
- The panic buying of non-perishable staples such as organic pasta due to the lockdown scenario has led to a shortage of products in the supermarket.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Organic pasta also is known as specialty pasta has the processing technique as that of traditional pasta but the recipe formulation, temperature conditions, slow drying process, and others are incorporated and have slight alterations. Pasta constitutes carbohydrates, protein, low fat, manganese, but generally has low micronutrient content therefore; the organic pasta with enhanced nutritional content has driven the pasta manufacturing companies. The advancement of technology and innovation, the surge in R&D, high awareness and health consciousness among consumers, variants in organic pasta, procurement of high-quality raw material, enhanced palatability and organoleptic properties of the product, decreased amount of sugar and carbohydrates in organic pasta, improved extrusion process and other equipment, gluten-free organic pasta, and increase in disposable income are the key drivers which lead the growth of organic pasta market. However, the increased competition in the organic pasta manufacturing companies, availability of alternative products, traditional pasta manufacturing practices, and acceptability of products hinder the market growth. Whereas, good manufacturing practices, advancement in technology, and global pasta supply chain present new pathways for the organic pasta market.
The global organic pasta market trends are as follows:
The innovation of taste with health
Production of pasta is being continued from the olden times; the fresh dried pasta traditionally is homemade by hands and commercially produced on a large scale by machines whereas the dried pasta is commercially manufactured by the extrusion process into various types of shapes and size. Recently, the consumers have been oriented towards good quality and environment-friendly products for their daily requirement, thus the trend of organic farming and organic products have been worthwhile. Quality and palatability of the organic pasta are dependent on the type and quality of the flour used, as raw material and the end product requirements start from the harvesting, cropping system, protein, and gluten quality of flour leading till processing and packaging of the end product. The key manufacturers have inclined towards partnerships and contract farming with the cultivators of raw material to enhance the quality and sustainability of the end product. Health consciousness and awareness about the alternative product among the consumers has led to the increased requirement of organic pasta, thus the leading companies are focused on developing the enhanced quality of the product by regulating the amount of fat, protein, minerals, gluten and implementing grain safety by removing toxins such as mycotoxins.
Barilla, a leading manufacturing company of pasta, has launched variants of organic pasta such as penne and spaghetti, manufactured from durum wheat and non-GMO ingredients, is free from allergens such as gluten, lactose, peanut, soy, fish, and is USDA certified. The key players are inclined toward sustainable farming and development.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global organic pasta industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global organic pasta market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global organic pasta market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global organic pasta market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Organic Pasta Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the organic pasta market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Organic Pasta Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Dakota Growers Pasta Company, General Mills Inc., Ebro Foods Inc., Nestle SA, Pasta Gallo Company, Tree House Foods Inc., Barilla Group, Ajinomoto Co. Inc., The Unilever Group (Knorr), Windmill Organics, George DeLallo Company, Organic Food Organic Mood (OFOM) project