The organic pork market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Organic pork is produced from raising pigs or hogs from organic farms and by adhering organic production standards such as free from antibiotics, supplemental growth hormones, and others. Globally, the demand for organic meat products has increased primarily among North American and Western European countries. Demand for organic food has witnessed substantial growth, globally in the past few years. Increase in consumer awareness regarding health benefits of organic products and strong support from multinational food and beverage manufacturers for the development of organic meat products such as beef, pork, lamb, broilers are some of the key factors that have increased demand for organic pork-based products in the global market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The consumers have shifted toward being health conscious and look for good & healthier foods with nutrients, and organic pork products accounts for one of them. So, the increase in the demand during COVID-19 can be witnessed.
- In the short term, the market demand is expected to show superior growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
- However, the fact cannot be ignored that the spread of COVID-19 led to lockdowns and supply chain disruptions and created problems in supply of the products.
- Top Impacting Factors
Organic foods products do not have additives or chemicals and offer required nutrients, and thus have gained higher trust than conventional food products. Awareness among consumers towards negative impact of food additives, chemicals, antibiotics etc. on health has increased and is expected to be the key factors for demanding organic pork.
In developed countries, the trend for organic meat products in hotels, restaurants, and cafes has increased owing to increase in consumer preference toward natural and organic food products.
Furthermore, awareness among millennial toward negative impact of food additives, chemicals, antibiotics etc. on health has increased. Millennial is expected to be the key segment for demanding organic products such as organic pork.
Major Growth drivers and restraints
- Globally the demand for organic meat products is increasing primarily among North American and Western European countries. Demand for organic food has been witnessing substantial growth, globally in the past few years. Increased consumer awareness regarding health benefits of organic products and strong support from multinational food and beverage manufacturers for the development of organic meat products such as beef, pork, lamb, broilers etc. are key factors increasing demand for organic pork-based products in the global market
- Consumers in the Asia-Pacific are increasingly opting for organic meat over conventional meat due to the mounting awareness about health, perceived nutritional benefits, and socio-environmental responsibility. Moreover, food safety concerns still loom over the Chinese meat market as consumers are highly aware of the instances of contamination being detected in China. The Government of India proposed a ban on antibiotic 'colistin' which is widely used in the meat and poultry industry in India. Almost a thousand tons of colistin was reportedly shipped to India, Vietnam, South Korea, and Russia. Thus, the growth in concerns about food safety and subsequent demand for high-quality meat are expected to boost the organic meat market in the region during the coming years.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the organic pork industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the organic pork market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the organic pork market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed organic pork market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Organic Pork Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the organic pork market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "organic pork" market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "organic pork" market?
Organic Pork Market Report Highlights
By End Use
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Strauss Brands Incorporated, Skagit River Ranch LLC, Seven Sons Farms, Good Earth Farms, LLC, Dalehead Foods, Organic Prairie, Becker Lane Organic, Sunshine Coast Organic Meats., Hoch Orchard & Gardens, Longbush Free Range