The organic stevia market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Stevia is a sugar substitute natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant extracts which is widely used as a viable alternative sugary agent with low calories and no effect on blood sugar level. It is a natural and zero-sugar sweetener with a low glycemic index which helps in managing blood sugar levels for diabetic patients. In addition to this, stevia control blood sugar and insulin levels to decrease both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Stevia comprises of two types of stevia glycosides molecules named as sativoside and rebaudioside.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The consumers have shifted toward being health conscious and are looking for good & healthier foods with nutrients, and organic stevia products accounts for one of them. So, the increase in the demand during COVID-19 can be witnessed.
- In the short term, the market demand is anticipated to show superior growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
- However, the fact cannot be ignored that the spread of COVID-19 led to the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions and created problems in supply of the products.
Top Impacting Factors
Growth in health awareness among consumers regarding the consumption of healthy, low-calorie and sugar-free consumable food products is a key factor driving the growth of the global Stevia market.
Moreover, the increase in organic food habits to mitigate the health issues related to the risk of diabetes, heart strokes, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and LDL cholesterol among the end-users is expected to further boost the global stevia market.
The rise in vegan population and sustainable food culture trend is projected to further bolster the growth of the global Stevia market. Growing demand for natural ingredients and natural sugar substitutes among consumers will further increase the demand for stevia across the globe.
No chemical Component Driving the Growth of Organic Stevia Market
- Organic stevia is a completely organic herbal sweetener and is also a great alternative for sugar. Organic stevia has zero calories and carbohydrates, it is also helpful to cure ailments. Several low-calorie sweeteners that are artificial in the market, but most of them are manufactured by a chemical process and are produced in industries.
- There are fewer organic sweeteners available in the market, organic stevia being one of them. Our human body does not breakdown glycosides in organic stevia and hence it contains O calories the same as artificial sweeteners. Organic stevia (150x), Erythritol (70 times), Maltitol (90 times), and also fructooligosaccharides (50times) are a number of natural sweeteners that have a good taste but taking into consideration sweetness percentage organic stevia still tops the list.
Upcoming Opportunities in Stevia Market
- The demand for organic stevia is increasing considerably in the European region as the number of health-conscious consumers is increasing in this region. Latin and North America are experiencing a considerable growth rate in the organic stevia market. Natural food ingredients are prepared to increase the value of food items by incorporating ingredients, refining, or packaging. Organic food products are more desirable and available to the customer than the original commodity. Commercially, organic stevia leaves are used directly or after processing in preparation for different value-added items. As the main ingredient, organic stevia has been partially or fully used as an ingredient in baked goods, dairy products, confectionery products, etc. The present review includes the commercial use of organic stevia in different food products and its effect on the different properties of organic stevia. Most organic stevia product launches are new products, so these ingredients also lead to significant innovations in many product categories, from energy drinks and baked goods to frozen treats. As a result, there are now increasing product launches with low, no,or reduced sugar claims on the market, especially in segments such as bakery and dairy products
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the organic stevia industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the organic stevia market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the organic stevia market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed organic stevia market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Organic Stevia Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the organic stevia market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "organic stevia" market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "organic stevia" market?
Organic Stevia Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill Inc, GLG Life Tech Corp, Ingredion Incorporated, Pyure Brands LLC, Evolva Holding SA Nemours & Co, Tate and Lyle Plc, PureCircle Ltd, Koninklijke DSM NV, Sunwin Stevia International, Inc