An over-the-top (OTT) application is any service or application that is received over the internet and bypasses traditional distribution. The services that come under OTT are related to media and communication and the examples of OTT are WhatsApp, Skype, Netflix and others.
Traditionally, the main source of revenue for any telecom operators was voice and messaging), but at present they are going through measurable and credible threat to their revenue from the third-party firms that offer over-thetop applications. The wide variety of applications and services offered by OTT players has diverted the customers from the telecom operators, which provide expensive and limited array of services.
The over-the-top services market is segmented by content type, platform, deployment models, revenue model, vertical, and region. Based on content type, it is categorized into video, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and text & image. Based on platform, it is classified into smart devices, personal computers, and gaming consoles. The deployment model is bifurcated into cloud and on-premises. Rental, procurement, subscription, and advertisement are considered under revenue model. The vertical is further divided into banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), media & entertainment, healthcare, IT & telecommunication, retail, education, government, and others.
The market is analyzed based on four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
OTT comprises OTT application vendors, such as Microsoft Corporation, Google, Inc. Facebook, Inc. Netflix, Yahoo, Inc., and Apple, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the OTT services market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets, determine the overall attractiveness, and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023 is provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
Over-the-top Services Market Key Segments:
The market is segmented based on content type, platform, deployment, revenue model, vertical, and region.
By Content Type
- Voice Over IP
- Text and Image
- Smart Devices
- Personal Computers
- Gaming Consoles
By Revenue Model
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Media & Entertainment
- IT & Telecommunication
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled in the Report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Microsoft Corporation
- Google, Inc.
- Facebook, Inc.
- Yahoo Inc.
- Apple, Inc.