Panthenol is a pantothenic acid chemical substance, also known as vitamin B5. It occurs organically, and can also be produced from plant and animal sources. Panthenol is widely used as a moisturizer in cosmetics and personal care products. Panthenol is a precursor to vitamin B5, and can be used to combat vitamin B5 deficiency. A significant number of the population lacks sufficient vitamins and nutrients to support their body's functioning. Vitamin B5 deficiency is found among the undernourished population, which is necessary for the body to develop and function. Therefore, adequate consumption of panthenol for the conversion of pantothenic acid is crucial for a healthy life. Panthenol is used as a soothing, softening, and anti-irritating agent in cosmetics. Panthenol's physical application further helps the skin to build up a barrier against irritation and loss of water.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased the demand for panthenol, as it is used in the food& beverage, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Disruption insupply chain, shut down of production facilities, and fluctuation in prices have negatively hampered the market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The growth of the global panthenol market is driven by rise in demand for panthenol in different food products that are used to create B5 additions. In addition, increase inprocessed food business and feed products for animals are building a powerful market demand for panthenol.
Panthenol market is witnessing significant growthdue to increase in health and wellness-conscious population and an increase in nutrient deficiency among the population. Rise in concern about animal welfare and nutrition is further fuelling the panthenol market growth.
Cosmetics, skin, and personal care products manufacturers are expected to earn huge profits by producing innovative products using panthenol.
Cosmetic manufacturers continue to adopt panthenol alternatives such as propylene glycol and sorbitol,due to their low cost, which helps to reduce the overall cost of end products and act as a threat for the panthenol market.
The global market trend are as follows:
- The use of panthenol has been considerably confined to the personal care industry as an active substance for cosmetic products, especially for skincare and hair care. With the growing tenderness of modern consumers for personal grooming, demand for cosmetics and personal care products has been steadily growing, thereby fueling demand for panthenol.
- D-panthenol is a nutrient in the B-family that helps manage adverse skin stress outcomes such as redness, fine lines, and roughness. It helps nourish the skin and adds essential moisture. It not only scales hydration by increasing the skin barrier but also helps the skin cells to rejuvenate and regenerate, which can defy the aging process. D-panthenol is frequently used in hair treatment products, as its moisturizing characteristics enhance elasticity and reduce moisture to keep the strands healthy.
- Panthenol continues to obtain traction for its high nutritional value as a viable ingredient in several food & beverage products. Surge in demand for dietary supplements and fortified food products boosts the market growth, as panthenol witnesses notable adoption in the F&B industry.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of thepanthenol Industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of thepanthenol Marketshare.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the globalpanthenol growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailedmarket analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global panthenol market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in theglobal panthenol market?
- What are the current trends will that influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Panthenol Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
BASF SE, TRI-K Industries, Hangzhou Xinfu Science and Technology, Anhui Huaheng Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Kunshan Tongde Chemical Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V.