The pectin market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Pectin is a carbohydrate found in all fruits and vegetables and is important for plant growth. Industrially, it is extracted from citrus peels or apple pomace, and is used as a gelling agent, thickener; water binder and stabilizer in foods, medicines. Growth in necessity for organic & herbal cosmetic products among young population coupled with multi-functionality of pectin is anticipated to bring about potential opportunities for global industry growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The consumers have shifted toward being health conscious and are looking for good & healthier foods with nutrients, and pectin accounts for one of them. So, the increase in the demand during COVID-19 can be witnessed.
- In the short term, the market demand is expected to show superior growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
- However, the fact cannot be ignored that the spread of COVID-19 led to the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions and created problems in supply of the products.
Top Impacting Factors
The rise in food & beverage industry owing to growing exports and increasing consumer purchase parity has escalated sales, resulting in boosting product utilization for food manufacturing applications. Pectin supports the production of food products in the form of gelling agent, thickening agent and stabilizer, which should accelerate pectin market growth.
Rapid technological development has led to the utilization of pectin polymers as edible coatings or films. These coatings act as natural barriers against lipids, gases, moisture, and volatile substances present between the food and environment, which should propel the product demand.
Rising penetration of dietary fiber in beverages including dairy and non-diary drinks has been observed, since it reduces bitterness of emulsifiers and provides smooth mouthfeel, which will fuel the global pectin market demand.
Pectin Considered as a Natural Product owing to its Medicinal Properties
- Pectin is a fiber found in fruits and is the most commonly used to make medicines, as it has various medicinal properties and tendency to reduce cholesterol levels. It is useful in preventing poisoning caused by lead, strontium, and other heavy metals. It is used to treat colon and prostate cancer by activating cell death pathways in cancer cells.
- Its usage in the medical field is very immense, and as people are shifting and trusting natural and plant-based products in treating number of diseases, pectin would mark one among the top lists in serving consumers, due to its unique property.
Vegan alternate to synthetic products
- Pectin is a vegan product derived from the cell wall of almost all plants. It is fat- and cholesterol-free, and contains 36% of fiber, due to which, it is used as a major ingredient in the dietary supplements industry. The increasing inclination toward plant-based products is likely to influence the pectin market growth in the foreseeable future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pectin industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pectin market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the pectin market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed pectin market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
- Questions Answered in the Pectin Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the pectin market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "pectin" market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "pectin" market?
Pectin Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Silvateam S.p.A., Yantai Andre Pectin Co. Ltd., CP Kelco, Herbstreith & Fox, Cargill, DuPont, Lucid Colloids Ltd., Naturex, CEAMSA, Incorporated