Pectins are a plant-derived water-soluble carbohydrate substances that are found in the cell walls and also in intercellular tissue of certain plants. They are mainly produced from apples, citrus fruits, cherries, apricots, carrots, and oranges. They are used as a thickening, gelling, and stabilizing agent in food particularly in jellies and jams. They are also used in medicines, dessert fillings, sweets, as a stabilizer in milk drinks and fruit juices and as a great source of dietary fiber.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, pectins are a viscous diet fiber that declines the glycemic response of foods by delaying absorption of glucose and also by delaying gastric emptying from the body. Pectins play a vital role in normalizing blood lipids.
The global pectins market is driven by its increasing uses in cosmetic industry as an important ingredient in many cosmetic products. Skincare products such as creams, soaps, shampoos, and moisturizers are made with pectins. Moreover, consumers are looking for products that can decline the cooking time and can offer a great texture, odor, color and long shelf life to food product. As a result, pectins are important in the food and beverages industry due to diverse properties such as gelling, thickening, and stabilizing, which also fuels the growth of the pectins market. Furthermore, rise in demand for gelling agents in products such as jams and jellies also fuels the pectins market. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), pectins are recognized as one of the safest acceptable food additives owing to which it is popular in other food additives such as meat, fish products, and poultry and also in making low fat sausages, which boosts the growth of the pectins market. Furthermore, pectins are one of the important component of soluble fiber in vegetables and fruits owing to which it is also considered as dietary fiber. Moreover, pectins also prevent high triglycerides, high cholesterol, and colon cancer to name a few. This is projected to boost the global pectins market growth.
The global pectins market is segmented based on application, function, and region. By application, the market is categorized into food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care industry and pharmaceutical industry. Based on function, the market is divided into thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, gelling agent, and flat replacer. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players operating in the pectins market J.W. Huber Corporation, Cargill, Incorporated, Krishna Pectins Pvt Ltd., Dupont de Nemours, Inc., Yantai Andre Pectins Co. Ltd., Herbstreith & Fox Corporate Group, Devson Impex Private Limited, Ceamsa, Silvateam S.p.a., and Lianyuan Kangbiotech Co., Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the pectins market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and the suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the pectins market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global pectins market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Pectins Market Report Highlights
By Market Application
Key Market Players
SILVATEAM S.P.A, J.W. HUBER CORPORATION, CEAMSA, YANTAI ANDRE PECTINS CO. LTD, KRISHNA PECTINS PVT LTD, HERBSTREITH AND FOX CORPORATE GROUP, DUPONT DE NEMOURS, INC, LIANYUAN KANGBIOTECH CO., LTD, DEVSON IMPEX PRIVATE LIMITED, CARGILL, INCORPORATED