The permeate market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Permeate is a high-lactose dairy ingredient produced by removing protein and other solids from milk or whey. Various physical separation techniques are employed for this purpose. Milk permeate is obtained post-elimination by ultrafiltration of dairy fat and milk proteins present in the milk. Rich in urea and NPN, milk permeate also has a stabilizing effect on casein micelles. It is used preferably as a bulking agent or as a protein standardization agent. On the other hand, deproteinized whey or whey permeate is a co-product in the production of whey protein concentrate and isolate. It has good solubility and makes a pleasant dairy flavor. Permeate provides cost-effective functional and flavor benefits to food and is therefore used in bakery, prepared meals and soups.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The consumers are shifting towards being health conscious and are looking for good and healthier foods and nutrients and permeate accounts for one of them. So, the increase in the demand during COVID-19 can be witnessed.
- In the short term, the market demand is expected to show superior growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
- However, the fact cannot be ignored that the spread of COVID-19 led to the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions and created problems in supply of the products.
Top Impacting Factors
The permeate market is anticipated to grow in the coming years owing to driving factors such as growing demands for supplementary diet and functional foods coupled with the removal of milk quotas in developed countries.
Moreover, increase in usage of dairy permeate as a substitute ingredient for sodium reduction is another major factor boosting the growth of the permeate market.
However, food quality standards, unsafe handling and competition from substitutes may hamper market growth. Nonetheless, technological innovations and major investments by key players are likely to offer growth opportunities for the permeate market.
Growth in Demand owing to its Nutritional Health Benefits
- Global permeate market is gaining major traction, owing to its application in standardizing milk while retaining taste and maintaining nutrition value at the same time. In food & beverages industry, permeate is used to enhance flavor and improve texture of food products. Low lactose permeate is now being used as electrolyte beverages. Growing global milk industry is expected to boost the permeate market.
- In recent years, permeate has emerged as a partial replacement for sodium chloride for brining of meat and poultry products to lower the sodium content. Brining of meat products is essential to increase its shelf life, enhance taste, and retain tenderness while cooking. Growing meat consumption is also expected to propel growth of the global permeate market.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to hold dominance in the global permeate market over the forecast period. Growing population and rising demand for processed food is expected to provide traction to permeate market in the coming years.
- Growing meat consumption in Asia-Pacific is expected to propel demand for permeate during forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the permeate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the permeate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the permeate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed permeate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Permeate Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the permeate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Permeate" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Permeate" Market?
Permeate Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
NUMIDIA BV, Arla Foods Ingredients Group P/S, Hoogwegt, AllDairyPowders, CP Ingredients, ariondairy.nl, Armor Proteins, Interfood Inc, Kaskat, MILEI GmbH, Milk Specialties, Idaho Milk Products, Eurial Ingrédients & Nutrition, EURODUNA Rohstoffe GmbH, SLOAN VALLEY DAIRIES LTD, Eurosérum, Volac International Ltd.