A phone card is a credit card sized plastic piece that contains pre-paid credit that enables the bearer to make telephone calls from a private or public payphone that accepts telephone cards. During a telephone call, using a phone card unit or the cards credit is consumed by the cardphone. A new telephone card is required to make a subsequent call or continue the phone call.
Factors such as an increase in awareness, ease of access, surge in the number of Internet users, and the booming e-commerce industry drive the global phone card market. However, security threats impede the market growth. Increase in unbanked and under banked population offers a major opportunity for the market expansion.
The global phone card market is segmented on the basis of type and region. Based on type, it is divided into magnetic, optical, chip, and remote. Based on region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global phone card market is dominated by key players such as UNIVERSAL CALLING INC., SpeedyPin.com, Birch Communications, VoIP Softswitch, Matrix Cellular (International) Services Ltd., Masters Enterprises, Inc., VendingConnection.com, Advancefone, Aloha Carrier Services, and REVE Systems.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global phone card market and current & future trends to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- Information about key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and their impact analysis on the market size has been provided.
- Porters five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers that operate in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2017 to 2023 has been provided to determine the market potential.
Phone Card Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- UNIVERSAL CALLING INC.
- Birch Communications
- VoIP Softswitch
- Matrix Cellular (International) Services Ltd.
- Masters Enterprises, Inc.
- Aloha Carrier Services
- REVE Systems