The pine bark extract market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Pinus massoniana known as pine bark is a species of pine tree found at higher altitudes of 1500 to 2000 meters and has been used traditionally for wound healing and in cases of scurvy. The chemically active constituent found in the pine bark is oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC), which is used in health supplements primarily due to its antioxidant activity. The antioxidant properties of pine bark extract help to reduce many visible signs of aging, especially in the skin and thus is used in various anti-aging cream formulations.The extract has a pharmacologically active constituent OPC which helps in maintain vascular health and also adding tissues to maintain healthy elasticity. Due to these factors, pine bark extract is often formulated as dietary supplement.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The consumers are shifting towards being health conscious and are looking for good and healthier foods and nutrients and pine bark extract accounts for one of them. So, the increase in the demand during COVID-19 can be witnessed.
- In the short term, the market demand is anticipated to show superior growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
- However, the fact cannot be ignored that the spread of COVID-19 led to the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions and created problems in supply of the products.
Top Impacting Factors
The pine bark extract market is expected to show stupendous growth in the upcoming period. In healthcare sector, pine bark extract is gaining popularity owing its antioxidant qualities. Besides, it is also known for helping in maintaining blood sugar levels, boosting brain function, and improving erectile dysfunction. All these qualities are stimulating the growth of the pine bark extract market.
The pine bark extract market holds remarkable demand potential from food industry. Owing to the antioxidant quality of pine bark extract, it is increasingly used in meat industry.
Due to its ability of protecting skin from sun damage, many companies engaged in the cosmetics sector are incorporating pine bark extract in various products such as creams and sunscreen lotions. Many studies have proved that the pine bark extract is helpful in skin hydration. This factor has pushed many vendors in the cosmetics industry to include it in their products. As a result, the pine bark extract market is witnessing growing demand.
Benefits to Increase the Demand
- Pine bark extract helps reduce muscle discomfort as well as helps cure illnesses related to poor circulation, blood pressure, arthritis, high blood glucose, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, reproductive issues in females, erectile dysfunction, eye disease, and sports stamina.
- A standardized pine bark extract is possibly safe when consumed by mouth in a fixed amount of doses (50 mg to 450 mg/day). However, it is likely to cause dizziness, stomach problems, headache, mouth sores and bad breath. On the other hand, as it has several health benefits, the pine bark extract market is expected to witness promising growth during the forecast period. In China, the pine bark extract market is growing gradually owing to a steady increase in the production of pine bark extract. Moreover, the country is one of the leading producers of pine bark extract.
- The market is spread across many regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. Among the important regions, increasing demand for pine bark extract from North America and Europe is supporting the growth of the market. Key reason behind this increased demand is the growing inclination toward the use of herbal or botanical health supplements. Besides, increased commercialization of health supplements in these regions is driving the market growth. Increasing production of pine bark extract powder in China is pushing the pine bark extract market growth in Asia Pacific
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pine bark extract industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pine bark extract market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the pine bark extract market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed pine bark extract market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Pine Bark Extract Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the pine bark extract market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "pine bark extract" market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "pine bark extract" market?
Pine Bark Extract Market Report Highlights
By Distribution channel
Key Market Players
Foodchem International Corporation, Jiaherb Inc, AuNutra Industries Inc, Productos QuimicosGonmisol SA, Nutra Green Biotechnology Co.,Ltd, Xi'an Greena Biotech Co.,Ltd