Porridge is derived from heating oatmeal, followed by addition of water or milk and is mainly consumed for breakfast. However, the terms porridge and oatmeal are generally used interchangeably. Consumption of porridge is beneficial as it is highly nutritious and contains dieting fibers, thus providing a wholesome meal and preventing the consumer from overeating. This in turn prevents weight gain, reduces the risk of high cholesterol, and also controls the blood sugar level. High carbohydrate content in porridge leads to better functioning of the brain.
Change in food consumption patterns of people and increase in preference for healthy meals drive the growth of the global porridge market. In addition, inclination of consumers towards a wholesome breakfast consisting of ready-to-eat food items and surge in demand for hot cereal products supplement the market growth. However, threat of contamination and higher cost of porridge as compared to other breakfast choices restrict this growth. New ingredients, such as kale and sea buckthorn, which are richer in fibers and vitamin E, C, and K, have been found to develop low-cholesterol, extra healthy, and satiating porridge. Incorporating this for commercial purposes presents as a major opportunity for market growth during the forecast period.
The porridge market is segmented based on type, distribution channel, and geography. Based on type, it is classified into oat, maize, wheat, rice, and millet. Based on distribution channel, it is divided into supermarkets, hypermarkets, departmental stores, and specialty stores. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in this market include Abbott Nutrition Inc., ABF Grain Products Limited, Bagrry's India Ltd., Conagra Foods Inc., Dr. McDougall's Right Foods, General Mills Inc., Kellogg Company, McCanns, Nestle S.A., The Quaker Oats Company, and thinkThin LLC.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global porridge market through 2016-2023, which is expected to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue, and key players are listed.
- The region- and country-wise global porridge market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of market segmentation assists to deduce the prevailing market opportunities.
Porridge Market Key Segments
By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
- Departmental Stores
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA