Pro-diet bars are protein bars that contain high proportion of protein. Health and wellness market are witnessing high demand for these bars, owing to increase in awareness towards health & wellness among consumers. A wide range of nutrition bars are available to cater to the increasing consumer needs, among which pro-diet bar is one of the highly demanded nutrition bars. Pro-diet bars have increased acceptance among the consumers driven by its nutritional attributes. It has less carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals, but high protein content, which serves best for consumers who are on protein diet, sportspersons, and gym enthusiasts.
Change in consumer perception towards high nutritional foods is one of the key drivers of the pro-diet bar market. Rise in number of people going for sports activities, exercise, and gyms has led to increase in consumption of convenience foods after workouts, which is further fuels the demand for pro-diet bars. However, high levels of sugar in protein bars increase the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Sugar alcohols in protein bar may cause bloating, diarrhea, and flatulence. These health issues hamper the market growth. Development of health & wellness industry in Asia-Pacific region is expected to provide new opportunity for the market players.
The global pro-diet bar market is segmented on the basis of raw material, sweetener, flavor, and geography. Based on raw material, the market is categorized into whey isolate, soya, pea flour, milk isolate, casein, soy crisps, and others. By sweetener, it is divided into sorbitol, fructose, dextrose, and others. In terms of flavor, it is classified into chocolate, coconut, vanilla, strawberry, lemon, mint, and others. As per distribution channel, it is segmented into retail stores, supermarkets, and e-retailers. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- Xterra Nutrition
- Nestle (PowerBar)
- Coca-Cola (Odwalla)
- General Mills
- Promax Nutrition
- Mars, Incorporated
- Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global pro-diet bar market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the raw material of pro-diet bar.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Pro-diet Bar Market Key Segmentation:
By Raw Material
- Whey Isolate
- Pea Flour
- Milk Isolate
- Soy Crisps
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA