Protein drinks are usually referred to the beverage range which refills carbohydrates and electrolytes in the body which are lost during in fitness and sports activities. Protein drink provides energy and it supports cognitive function owing to its high nutrient content, which is required for building, maintaining and repairing cells, tissues, and organs in the body. While drinking plain water is a usual solution for hydrating body before any activity, a protein drink provides the much needed performance and energy boost during an excessive workout. Keeping the body hydrated is essential for the health during rigorous activities.
The global protein drink market is driven by young population mainly by athletes and bodybuilders as it improves immunity, increases strength, helps in building of muscles, fights cancer and lowers cholesterol. In addition, women, children and old people irrespective of age differences are also taking protein drink for their mental as well physical growth, which also fuels the growth of the protein drink market. Easy availability of protein drink in various platforms ranging from modern trade to online sales channel have resulted in expansion of the global protein drink market. Moreover, increase in penetration of retail sales has augmented the growth of the protein drink market. Further, availability of protein drink on e-commerce platforms have resulted in convenience to buy goods without any physical constraint to the consumers. Moreover, increased millennials expenditure on healthy drink resulted in increased demand for protein drink. Furthermore, the consumers are becoming health conscious owing to which manufacturers are introducing protein drink in various flavors such as raspberry, orange, tropical punch, peach to name few.
The global protein drink market is segmented based on the type, packaging, distribution channel, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into powder and ready-to-drink. By packaging, the market is segmented into bottle & tetra packs, pouches, cans, and aseptic cartons. By distribution channel, the market is classified into convenience stores, hypermarket/supermarket, specialty stores, online sales channel, and others. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players operating in the protein drink market are Glanbia plc, CytoSport,Inc., Orgain, Inc., Premier Protein, GlaxoSmithKline, Protinex, Nature’s Best, Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), Nestle S.A., and Reckitt Benckiser.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global protein drink market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and the suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as the global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Protein Drink Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
PROTINEX, GUJARAT CO-OPERATIVE MILK MARKETING FEDERATION LTD. (GCMMF), NESTLE S.A, NATURE’S BEST, GLAXOSMITHKLINE, GLANBIA PLC, ORGAIN, INC, CYTOSPORT,INC, PREMIER PROTEIN