Proximity and Displacement Sensors Market Overview:
Global Proximity and displacement sensors market is expected to garner $5.32 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period 2015 - 2020. A proximity sensor is integrated in systems to detect the presence of an object of interest within the vicinity of the sensor. The function is featured with non-contact detection ensuring a high degree of reliability and durability of sensor.
A displacement sensor measures the displacement of object of interest from one point to another. Today, the market for proximity and displacement sensors is in a progressive phase of its product life cycle. Rapidly growing demand of these sensors in the development of factory and process automation systems has increased the rivalry in the Proximity and Displacement (P&D) sensor market creating a healthy competitive environment in the market.
Rising trend of process automation in factories and the continuous growth of smartphone and tablet market, largely drive the proximity & displacement sensors market. In addition, the declining price trend is expected to drive the market exponentially. Growing popularity towards contact less sensing applications and the interest of automobile manufacturers towards the integration of sensor technology in automotive security and infotainment systems will eventually uplift the market for proximity and displacement sensors.
The basic types of proximity sensors are inductive, photoelectric, capacitive, magnetic, LVDT, and ultrasonic Sensors. With multiplicity of applications, inductive type shows highest market share (more than 30%) during the forecast period of (2014-2020).
The application industries studied in the report include parking sensor systems, ground proximity warning system, anti-aircraft warfare, roller coasters, conveyor systems, vibration monitoring systems, assembly line testing, mobile devices and others. Parking sensor system holds the maximum revenue share presently, followed by conveyor system, and mobile devices.
The proximity and displacement sensors, in accordance to end users, are segmented into industries such as automotive, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, food and beverages, manufacturing, elevators and escalators, & metals and mining.
The automobile and manufacturing industries hold a higher market share with higher unit cost along with a higher size of demand.
Geographically, the global market is segmented across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America was the leading region in proximity and displacement sensors market followed by Asia-Pacific in 2013. Most of the OEMs are concentrated in North America & Asia-Pacific region. This is a key reason for the substantial market share in this region.
The prominent players in this market are ifm electronics gmbh, Kaman Corporation, Keyence Corporation, Lion Precision Inc., Micron Optics, Inc., Omron Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Pepperl+Fuchs, Standex-Meder Electronics Inc., and Turck Inc. These key players are profiled in the report with detailed information on their business overview, product portfolios, financials, investments, news and recent developments.
PROXIMITY AND DISPLACEMENT SENSORS MARKET KEY BENEFITS
- The report analyzes key market trends, industry growth, driving & limiting factors and opportunities of the global proximity and displacement sensors market for a better preview of the global market
- The global geography analysis helps in identifying key players in the market and their strategic moves to maintain their position in the global market
- Porters five force model highlights the market threats, and the competitive scenario which enables the stakeholders in the market to devise appropriate strategies
- The analysis identifies potential prospects for players to expand their market presence and increase their market share
- Research includes the micro level analysis based on sensors types, applications, end users and geographies to know the market dynamics in a better way
PROXIMITY AND DISPLACEMENT SENSORS MARKET KEY SEGMENTATION
The global proximity and displacement sensors market is segmented based on the proximity and displacement sensor types, their applications, end users and geographies.
- Inductive sensors
- Photoelectric sensors
- Capacitive sensors
- Ultrasonic sensors.
- Magnetic sensors
- LVDT sensors
- Parking Sensor Systems
- Ground Proximity Warning System
- Anti-aircraft warfare
- Assembly line automation
- Vibration monitoring system
- Roller coasters
- Conveyor systems
- Mobile devices
- Others (detection of surface run-out of blades, precision thickness measurement, and disc driving spindle)
BY END USERS
- Automotive industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food and beverage industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Elevators and Escalators industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Metals and mining industry
- North America
- ifm electronic gmbh
- Kaman Corporation
- Keyence Corporation
- Lion Precision
- Micron Optics, Inc.
- Omron Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pepperl + Fuchs
- Standex-Meder Electronics Inc.
- TURCK, Inc.