Purified protein derivatives are a blend of the proteins used for tuberculosis diagnosis. These are called tuberculin proteins. A mycobacterium tuberculosis-derived protein is used to determine whether an individual has been affected by the tuberculosis virus through a skin test. This purified protein derivative is injected into the skin of a patient and checked for the outcome. The test is positive if the result is seen around the injection site. Although tuberculin is safe, reliable, and highly specific, there have been reports of anaphylactic and foreign body reactions leading to swelling, redness of the arm in patients who were previously infected, or had a BCG vaccine previously.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Currently, the COVID-19 pandemic has surpassed every other health issue worldwide.
- Interactions between COVID-19 and tuberculosis (TB) continue to be the leading cause of death from one infectious disease worldwide.
- TB control programs are expected to be strained due to resource diversion and an inevitable focus on the loss of the health system, so that certain activities cannot or anticipated to be prioritized. This is likely to lead to a decline in TB treatment quality and worse results. The symptoms of TB and COVID-19 may be identical, for instance: cough and fever
- This is projected to lead to a decrease in demand for purified protein derivative.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rise in prevalence of tuberculosis globally, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, is one of the key drivers for purified protein derivative market growth. In addition to this, increase in people's health awareness helpsing to develop the protein derivative market.
Growth in R&D activities is the key factor that drives the growth of the global protein derivative market. With the availability of increased funds and investments through both the private and public sectors, the global tuberculin market is expected to reach newer heights during the forecast period in the coming years.
In contrast, several government-wide health awareness campaigns helping to drive purified protein derivative market growth.
The Global Market Trend
- The PPD-S type segment is most commonly used and has bare minimum side effects compared to other tuberculin variants due to its increased availability.
- The human application sector is the most dominant in animal use due to inferior animal health infrastructure compared to the human health infrastructure.
- Some countries invest heavily in developing the health-care infrastructure. That has given a significant boost to the region's tuberculin market development. As a result of these nations' growth in investments and openness, more and more leading companies in the global tuberculin market have attempted to establish their operations in the region. That has helped regional market growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the purified protein derivative industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the purified protein derivative market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global purified protein derivative growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed purified protein derivative market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition is expected to take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Purified Protein Derivative Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the purified protein derivative market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Purified Protein Derivative Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Sanofi Pasteur, CNBG, Thermo Fisher,, Zoetis, among others., Japan BCG, Sanroad Biological, SSI, Par Sterile