Runway Lighting Market Outlook - 2027
Runway lighting is used for a wide variety of indications and warnings on a runway, in darkness or at low visibility. Lighting solution gives a precise view to the aircraft pilots. It is used by runways, which are licensed for use at night. Common runway lightings are runway edge lights, runway threshold lights, and runway end lights. These lights have various applications depending on the requirement and atmospheric variations in specific places. For instance, depending on the need, the intensity of the light could vary, such as high-intensity light and low-intensity light. Runway lights are essential for takeoff, landing, and taxiing activities such as guiding the pilots to identify the starting line of the runway, end line, correct route to be followed, and identifying the taxiway area. Therefore, increase in demand for transportation is expected to fuel the runway lighting market over the forecast period.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Air traffic is considered to be the most vulnerable to external factors compared to all the other sectors of the economy such as oil crises, natural disasters, armed conflicts, terrorist attacks, economic recessions, and disease outbreaks.
- Air transport is considered to be the most crucial means of spreading the virus across the globe, which is expected to impact the profitability of air transport companies in the longer run.
- The impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) can be witnessed in every sector of the most affected countries as well as globally.
- The number of scheduled flights globally was down as the spread of the virus was getting out of control due to people moving from one country to another.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Significant growth of the aviation industry and focus on the expansion of airport infrastructure are expected to spur the demand over the forecast period. Moreover, LED lights, which are often used on the runway, can hamper the clear view through infrared cameras, thereby creating difficulty, which could negatively affect the growth of the runway lighting market. Furthermore, the transition to electric and solar-powered led technology is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market over the forecast period.
The runway lighting market trends are as follows:
Significant growth of the aviation industry
The aviation industry has significantly grown from quite some time now as most people prefer to travel by air. To save time and have a safe comfortable journey, more people are shifting toward air transportation. This has led to developing the aviation industry, ranging from manufacturers to governments, thereby improving the services and safety. In addition, increase in investments in the aviation industry is expected to boost the runway lighting market growth over the forecast period.
Focus on expansion of airport infrastructure
Infrastructure has become one of the most significant features to attract new business of any industry. It is considered to be the most prominent feature from the consumer's point of view to trust in a business. Therefore, companies as well as governments across the world are concerned about the infrastructure of the airport as facilities and safety measures attract more businesses. Increase in awareness for safety has forced authorities to use the most advanced technologies, which is expected to further grow the runway lighting market over the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the runway lighting market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the runway lighting market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the runway lighting market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the runway lighting market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Runway Lighting Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Astronics Corporation, ATG Airports, Hella, Honeywell, ADB Airfield, OSRAM, Vosla, Philips Lighting Holding, Eaton, OCEM Airfield Technology, Youyang, Cree