Rye flour is the powder milled out of whole rye berries or ryegrass grains. It is used for the production of rye and sourdough bread, providing a distinct flavor and improved nutritional content compared to bread baked with wheat flour. Rye is still the most popular meal in Germany. Rye flour is a rich source of antioxidants & nutrients, due to high iron and dietary fiber concentration. Rye is preferred in cold areas over wheat, as rye grain can be produced under mixed climatic conditions, while wheat requires dry & warm weather. The flour color depends on how much bran remains after processing in the flour. The rye flour includes less gluten than wheat and barley. Gluten in the rye is weaker to collect bubbles, and less flexible to create less airy bread during the baking process. It exhibits nutritional benefits such as it combats cancer;aids in weight loss;and prevents diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and inflammation.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has not affected the demand for rye flour, as it comes in the category of “essential goods,” and is widely used in the food and personal care industries.
- However, in many countries, industries have been shut down, thus, the production of rye flour has declined drastically, due to the restrictions imposed on the labor movement.
- The supply chain of the rye flour has disrupted due to the trade barriers.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in consumer preference for nutritional and low-gluten foods is expected to boost the market growth for rye flour.
Rye flour is rich in dietary fiber, which is the highest among other cereals. Moreover, it contains three times as much fiber and nutrients as white bread. Thus, these factors significantly contribute toward the growth of the global market.
Furthermore, the growth rye flour market is driven by presence of higher concentration of free proline in rye flour, which is an essential amino acid for protein building.
Moreover, it can help to prevent breast cancer, which is now one of the most common mortal diseases.
The global market trends are as follows:
More usage in bakery products
The change in lifestyle has led to increase in demand for convenience foods, a category largely led by bakery products. In addition, owing to its distinctive taste, bakers are widely known for the fact that rye flour can be used effectively as an organic dough conditioner in bakeries. This has resulted in increased demand for rye flour, especially in case of premium bakery products. This tends to create possibilities for key global players in the bakery sector.
Rising fitness & wellbeing trends flourish the rye flour market
Rye is a rich source of fiber, thus increasing the use of body nutritional requirements in households and commercial purposes. Gym enthusiasts and fitness lovers use rye flour, as it aids in weightloss. Rye fibers have an extremely high water-binding ability and quickly give a feeling of satiety and fullness, making end products based on rye flour a real help for anyone who tries to lose weight. Furthermore, rye flour is suitable for skin and hair products. Minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium help to beat the sign of early aging & make hair smooth and strong. On wrinkles and blemishes, rye flour works fine. Thus, these properties are expected to boost its demand in the personal care industry, which, in turn, drives the growth of the rye flour market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rye flour industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of therye flour market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the globalrye flour growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailedmarket analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global rye flour market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in theglobalrye flour market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rye Flour Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Darmstadt Germany, General Mills, Inc., International Multifood Corporation, EDME, Paddy Mill, Grain Millers Dairy Products, Inc., Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Bay State Milling Company, King Arthur Flour Company, Inc., Merck KGaA, Swiss Bake Ingredients Pvt. Ltd.