Savory ingredients are added to food products to enhance their taste and aroma. These are used in varied applications in the food industry, owing to the use as a general tonic for the digestive tract and antiseptic properties.
The global savory ingredients market is driven by increasing inclination of the population towards ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat food products, and changing dietary preferences, availability of cost-effective ingredients, and rise in disposable income. However concerns related to health and strict regulations imposed by government bodies hamper the market growth. Spray dried savory ingredients have witnessed rapid adoption in the recent years, as they enhance taste and improve flavor of the cooked food; thereby, presenting lucrative opportunities for the market players during the forecast period.
The global savory ingredients market is segmented based on source, production technique, type, application, form, and geography. Based on source, it is divided into natural and synthetic. Based on production technique, it is divided into heat treatment, acid treatment, and Maillard reaction. On the basis of type, it is segmented into yeast extract, starch, protein (hydrolyzed vegetable protein and hydrolyzed animal protein), monosodium glutamate, nucleotides, and others (soy sauce powder, savory spice mix, and others). Based on application, it is classified into food (soup, snacks, meat, and others) and feedstuff. Based on form, it is segmented into liquid, powder, and others (spray, paste, and others). Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players included in this report are, Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands), Ajinomoto Co. Inc. (Japan), Kerry Group plc (Ireland), Tate & Lyle plc (UK), Givaudan S.A. (Switzerland), Lesaffre (France), Symrise AG (Germany), Sensient Technologies Corporation (U.S.), AngelYeast Co. Ltd. (China), and Vedan International (Holdings) Limited (Hong Kong).
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global savory ingredients market for the period of 20162023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in each region has been mapped based on market share.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
Savory Ingredients Market Key Segments:
By Production Technique
- Heat Treatment
- Acid Treatment
- Maillard Reaction
- Yeast Extract
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein
- Hydrolyzed Animal Protein
- Monosodium Glutamate
- Others (Soy Sauce Powder, Savory Spice Mix, and Others)
- Food (Soup, Snacks, Meat, and others)
- Others (Spray, Paste, and others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA