Seafood extract is a natural product obtained from different sources of seafood such as cod, pollock, shrimp, and lobster. Seafood and fish products have recently gained immense momentum as healthier alternatives to meat. They are not only considered as a healthy food for humans but are also used as taste enhancers in food. They are available in several forms such as powder, paste, and oil. Seafood extracts have numerous applications across multiple industries including food industry, cosmetics industry, pharmaceutical industry, and agriculture industry.
Cod liver oil obtained from fish is considered very beneficial for the growth of bones and development of immune system. With the increase in health consciousness among consumers, the demand for naturally extracted supplements is on the rise. This has positively driven the market for seafood extracts. In addition, use of seafood extracts in manufacturing cosmetic products is mostly influenced since consumers today are more inclined toward products made with natural ingredients. This factor has primarily boosted the demand for seafood extracts. However, with the depleting marine resources due to the pressure of heavy demand, the prices of raw materials experience flux.
The use of seafood extracts as food ingredients in making sauces, dips, flavorings, and others can be viewed as an opportunity by the manufacturers as consumers are increasingly preferring food items prepared with natural ingredients as compared to artificial.
The market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region. By product type, it is classified into crab extract, codfish extract, lobster extract, shrimp extract, anchovy extract, and clam extract. On the basis of application, it is categorized into food industry, cosmetics industry, pharmaceutical industry, and agriculture industry. By region, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the market include Mitsubishi International Polymer Trade Corporation., ARIAKE, Nikken Foods USA, Activ International Group, North Marine Ingredients, SUBONEYO Chemicals Pharmaceuticals P Limited, Kanegrade Ltd, Arjuna Natural Pvt Ltd, Lýsi hf., and Norwegian Fish Oil AS.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the seafood extracts market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and tap the investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis of the global market to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the types of seafood extracts and their applications.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- Key market players are profiled to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Seafood Extracts Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Norwegian Fish Oil AS, Kanegrade Ltd, Activ International Group, Lýsi hf., Mitsubishi International Polymer Trade Corporation., Arjuna Natural Pvt Ltd, North Marine Ingredients, ARIAKE, SUBONEYO Chemicals Pharmaceuticals P Limited, Nikken Foods USA