Sheep milk also known as ewe’s milk is the type of real milk obtained from domestic sheep. Several sheep breeds produce wool and are also used for meat and milk, but some specialized breeds are only used for commercial dairy products as they have a higher yield and longer lactating period. Sheep milk is mostly used for dairy products such as cheese in Greece, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and others. Feta, Ricotta, Roquefort, Manchego, and Pag cheese are the common types of cheese produced from sheep milk; other products such as yogurt, ice cream, cream, butter, milk powder, pasteurized beverage, whey protein concentrate, and condensed milk are also commercially manufactured sheep milk products. It is also widely used in cosmetic and personal care products such as soaps and lotion, due to its nutritional value and antiallergenic properties.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 scenario has impacted the sheep milk market as the global supply chain has been highly affected due to the export and import restrictions.
- The coronavirus restrictions have led to the disruption of the supply to the distribution channels such as supermarket and retail stores causing a loss in sales and revenues.
- The lockdown caused due to the pandemic has impacted the production and raw material procurement of manufacturing units, thereby impacting the sheep milk farmers also.
- The closure of food services and restaurants has impacted the sales of sheep milk and its products.
- Shepherds Purse Cheeses, one of the brands dealing in sheep milk market has launched a new variant of cheese known as "Fettle", to support the milk producers in a pandemic situation.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Sheep milk has been used from olden times to fulfill the dairy product requirements and due to its high acceptability and digestibility to the human digestive system. Earlier, sheep milk was used for direct consumption and cheese processing at a small scale but as the innovation in technology took place, many new sheep milk products were commercially introduced in the market. Sheep milk is considered to be a healthy alternative of cow and goat milk. The extensive sheep farming, the high nutritional value of sheep milk, increasing health consciousness, exploitation of cow milk production, enhancement in palatability and flavor in the products, an alternative to cow and goat milk, resistance to certain diseases, immunity booster, government policies and initiatives, the surge in disposable income, advanced technology, investment in R&D and launch of innovative products are the key drivers which lead the growth of sheep milk market. However, alternative dairy products at a low price, availability of plant-based milk, traditional manufacturing practices, restrictions and regulations on certain ingredients to be used in products and increasing competition hinder the market growth.
The global sheep milk market trends are as follows:
Launch of palatable sheep milk products
Sheep milk has better and higher nutritional value than the other sources of milk. It consists of high protein content (5.6%), lipid fat (6.4%), lactose content (5.1%), carbohydrates, saturated fatty acids, unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid, trans fatty acids, conjugated linolenic acids, vitamins such as vitamin B12, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B1, vitamin A, vitamin C, and minerals such as phosphorus, valine, isoleucine, calcium, tryptophan, leucine, lysine, threonine, histidine and others. Sheep milk is considered superior to cow and goat milk in terms of high fat and total solid content. The high nutritional value, energy value, and antiallergenic properties of sheep milk have increased the consumption and production of sheep milk-based products. The requirement of sheep milk and its products has been increased due to the awareness of its high nutritional value and its wide health benefits such as immunity booster, enhance development and growth, prevention of cancer, improvement of reproductive health, maintenance of blood pressure, bones mineral density, and regulation of cholesterol, blood vascular system, and cardiac heath.
The use of sheep milk is not only limited to the food & beverage industry but is also being expanded to the cosmetic and personal care industry in manufacturing of various products such as skin moisturizing lotions, soaps, cleansers, exfoliator, and others.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sheep milk industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global sheep milk market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sheep milk market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global sheep milk market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Sheep Milk Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the sheep milk market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sheep Milk Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
New Zealand Sheep Milk Company, Haverton Hill Creamery, NZ Health Food Sheep, Roquefort Vernieres, Velvet Cloud, Maxigenes, Sheep Milk Company Ltd., Spring Sheep, PremiBrebis, Maui Milk Ltd., Alimenta, Origin Earth, Shepherds Purse Cheeses.