A shortening is characterized as a fat, solid at room temperature, which can be used to provide foods a brittle and fresh texture such as pastry. Examples of fat used as shortening include butter, soybean, margarine, vegetable oils, and fat. Shortening is most commonly made from vegetable oils like soybean, cottonseed, or refined palm oil, which are normally fluid at room temperature. However, the chemical structure of the oil is changed through a process called hydrogenation. This causes the oils to become stronger, making a thick texture that creates shortening greatly to use for specific sorts of cooking and baking items. Shortening is utilized in preparing to provide cakes a delicate texture. Many people use shortening since it is cheaper, higher in fat, and steadier than other types of fat. A surge in usage of bakery, confectionery items, and other food processing industries is a major factor that drives the growth of the shortening fat market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
The COVID-19 outbreaks have witnessed low demand for shortening fat in the market due to the closure of bakery, confectionery, and other food industries.
Disruption in the supply chain system from manufacturing plant to related food processing industries, due to the lockdown scenario has impacted the growth of the shortening fat in the market.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Shortening fat is utilized in most mixtures and batters, to provide the baked item a fresh and brittle texture. Shortening fat can be made from either animal fat or vegetable oil, but shortening made from mostly or completely hydrogenated vegetable oil is more common nowadays. The shortening fat is used in the wider application of the food industry such as ice-creams, dried noodles, and other functional food items for better taste and longer shelf-life in the market. The following factors are a key growth of shortening fat products in the market during the forecast period.
North America is anticipated to hold the largest market share in terms of consumption and revenue growth of shortening fat market. Growing the trend of fresh baked and confectionery products in the market such as bread, cake, dried noodles, and other functional food items is key growth of market development in this region. Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region in the shortening fats market, growing young population showing interest in confectionery and baked items and changing food lifestyle of people in this region is the key development of shortening fats in the market during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the shortening fat market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global shortening fat market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global shortening fat market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global shortening fat market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in Shortening Fat Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the shortening fat market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Shortening Fat Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Wilmar-International, Bunge, NMGK Group, ConAgra, Cargill, Yili, Brightdairy, Zydus Cadila, Sunnyfoods, Fuji Oil, Unilever, COFCO, Dairy Crest, NamChow, BRF, Mengniu, Yidiz Holding, Grupo Lala, Uni-President