Skin Care Products Market overview:
The Global Skin Care Products Market would reach $179 billion from $130 billion and grow at a CAGR of 4.7%, during the period, 2016-2022. The skin care products comprise of chemical compounds, medicinal herbs, and natural ingredients. These are then applied on the skin to maintain the texture of the skin, avoid early aging, black patches, pimples, and enhance beauty. The products are categorized into two broad segments-face care products and body care products. The face care product segment includes skin brightening creams, sunscreens, face moisturizers, fairness creams, anti-aging creams, serums, toners, nourishment creams, and under eye creams. Some of the major products of body care products include massage oils, body scrubs, and creams.
The global skin care products market is segmented based on product type and geography. Based on the product type, the industry is further bifurcated into face cream and body lotion. The face cream segment occupied dominant share in 2015 and is expected to maintain this trend during the forecast period. The anti-aging cream and skin brightening creams held the major share of the industry.
Geographically, the global skin care products market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The Asia-Pacific generated the highest revenue, followed by North America in 2015. It and is expected to dominate during the forecast period.
Top Factors Impacting of the Global Skin Care Product Market
Rising Awareness Towards Skin Care With Advanced Skin Care Products
Increase in awareness towards one’s beauty and overall appearance drive the demand of the skin care products. The demand is further supported by rise in disposable income of the consumers. Organic skin care products gain widespread popularity owing to the rising awareness of the probable side effects of chemical based skin care products, worldwide. Further, with the growing marketing efforts of the players and online market, consumers across the globe are able to gain access to advanced skin care products, thereby, supplementing the market growth.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise In Demand of Skin Care Products
The skin care products, such as moisturizers, lotions, skin brightening creams, toners, serums, sunscreens, body lotions, and body oils are widely used by customers of all age groups to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. These products target different skin areas and problems including blemishes, acne, and black patches, sunburns, pigmentation, and early ageing among others. Regular use of skin care products prevents skin problems and help to maintain a healthy skin. There is an increase in need for such products to protect the skin and prevent damages owing to rising pollution levels, global warming, and hectic lifestyle leading to growing stress levels, and, thus, driving the demand of skin care products.
Top Winning Strategies
Merger and acquisition is the key growth strategy adopted by the market players, followed by product launch, partnership & agreement, and geographical expansion.
Top Winning Strategies, (2013-2016)
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the major market players in the global skin care product market, such as Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Unilever PLC, Avon Products Inc., L'Oréal S.A., Kao Corporation, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Shiseido Company, Beiersdorf AG, and Procter & Gamble to highlight the top winning strategies.
Key Benefits of the Global Skin Care Products Market Report:
- It provides quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations to identify the prevailing market opportunities during the period, 2014‐2022.
- It offers an extensive analysis of the present and emerging market trends and dynamics in the industry. It gives evaluation of competitive landscape and value chain to understand the market behavior across the geographies.
- It offers assessment across various regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- It provides an in-depth analysis of current research and developments with key market dynamic factors that predicts the behavior of the market.
- It gives an exhaustive analysis of the market type to help in understanding the type of products used currently along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- It offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Skin Care Products Market Key Segment
- Face Cream
- Skin Brightening Cream
- Anti-Aging Cream
- Sun Protection
- Body Lotion
- Mass Market Body Care Lotion
- Premium Body Care Lotion
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Unilever PLC
- Avon Products Inc.
- L'Oréal S.A.
- Kao Corporation
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Shiseido Company
- Beiersdorf AG
- Procter & Gamble