Smart Home Market and Smart Building Market Overview:
The global smart homes and buildings market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR of 29.5% between 2013 and 2020. The market revenue of $4.8 billion in 2012 is expected to grow up to $35.3 billion by 2020. This is attributed to rising energy costs and government initiatives. Some of the key government initiatives include regulations such as Commercial Buildings Initiatives (CBI) by the U.S. government aims at making all commercial buildings completely energy independent by 2025.
This implies that commercial buildings should have facilities to generate onsite power. Energy efficiency has become the need of the hour as it is expected that energy demand would increase by 40% between 2010 and 2040. The key restraint for the growth is the high upfront investment that is required for well-integrated smart technologies. Perceived value versus the cost issue is still a concern that is impacting the adoption rates. Increasing smart homes and buildings with well-integrated and applied technologies will precisely lead to envisioned concept of Smart Cities.
- This report provides market intelligence with respect to applications, products, technologies, end-users and geography so that companies can make precise investment decisions
- In-depth analysis of top factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities affecting the market growth and their impact in the short and mid-term.
- Value chain analysis provides for the significance and role of all stakeholders of the market
- Porters five forces analysis offers insights into the potency of buyers and suppliers and competitive scenario of the market
- SWOT analysis and strategic developments of key players are included in the report so that companies can understand moves of competitors and make the required changes to have a sustainable growth
- Examine the challenges and opportunities in the smart homes and buildings market so that companies can overcome the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities
- Estimations are derived from the current market situation and projected future trends for the period of 2013-2020 with 2012 as base figures
- Geographic analysis offers in-depth suggestions of the trends in various region; therefore, companies can make region specific strategies to gain competitive advantages
- Smart homes and buildings technology, product and solutions providing companies, dealers, and wholesalers
- Any other companies interested in entering the smart buildings market
- System integrators and software vendors
- Academic and research institutes