Smart irrigation is the advanced irrigation system that uses various sensors and network components for the purpose of improved efficiency. The traditional irrigation systems such as sprinklers and drip irrigation systems are connected with a network of sensors and smart detection devices. The prime motive behind the emergence of these systems is to enhance the overall water efficiency of irrigation systems. The sensor network is the most important component of the smart irrigation system as it monitors various parameters including rain, pH, soil moisture, temperature, and water flow.
Growth in food demand of the ever increasing population fuels the market growth. Also, emphasis of world governments on the planned use of natural resources such as water and greater awareness about environmental issues helps in the growth of the market. However, shortage of the irrigation at a commercial level hinders the market growth.
The smart irrigation market is segmented based on components, irrigation controller, application, and geography. On the basis of components, it is bifurcated into sensors, flow meter, and smart detection system/network elements. According to irrigation controller, it is divided into weather and sensor-based controllers. Applications covered in the study include greenhouse, openfield, residential, golf courses, turf & landscape, and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players include Rain Bird Corporation, The Toro Company, Hunter Industries, Netafim, HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc., Baseline Inc., CALSENSE, Rachio Inc., California Sensor Corporation, and Weathermatic.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the smart irrigation market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 is provided to showcase the financial competency of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
Smart Irrigation Market Key Segmentation
- Flow Meter
- Smart Detection System/Network Elements
By Irrigation Controller
- Weather-Based Controllers
- Sensor-Based Controllers
- Open Field
- Golf Courses
- Turf & Landscape
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Rain Bird Corporation
- The Toro Company
- Hunter Industries
- HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc.
- Baseline Inc.
- Rachio Inc.
- California Sensor Corporation