Smart Meters are devices for accurately monitoring gas and electricity meter usage that can send usage information via radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation (RF) which helps the utility company to effectively manage the energy usage. Smart meters offer a host of benefits such as reduction of meter reading cost, removing inefficiencies in billing, preventing disconnection and re-connection costs to corporations and consumers.
Favorable government policies along with fiscal incentives is a key factor driving the smart meters market. Furthermore, large scale deployment of smart grid and the utility companies focusing on enhancing distribution efficiency are other factors boosting the market growth. High installation cost of smart meters borne by end-users is a factor hampering the growth of the smart meters. Various grid operators trying to effectively managing the demand for power offer ample growth opportunities for the smart meters to grow. Creating awareness among consumers along with bringing interoperability is a key market challenge that needs to overcome by key market players to gain a stronghold in the market. Furthermore, improper installation of smart meters is a major market challenge.
The report segments the world smart meters market on the basis of types, end-users and regions. On the basis of types, the market is segmented into smart electric meters, smart water meters and smart gas meters. Each of these segments is discussed on the basis of region also. On the basis of types, the market is segmented into industrial & commercial smart meters market and residential smart meters market and each of these segments is discussed on the basis of region as well. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (ROW).
The market is poised to grow at a significant rate in the North America driven by the huge market demand in the U.S. The country is focusing on upgrading and replacing outdated infrastructure, enabling grid reliability, and installing smarter power networks. The factors responsible for the market demand in North America is conducive government initiatives, consisting of proper allocation of funds and making smart meters mandatory in many states such as Texas and California.
Key market players extensively profiled in the report include Elster Group, Itron Inc., Landis+Gyr, Schneider Electric SA, Siemens AG, Badger Meter , ICSA India Limited, Circuator SA , EDMI, Holley Metering Limited , Neptune Technology Group Inc., Sensus, and Honeywell International Inc.,
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market across the globe.
- The report offers an extensive analysis of smart meter mandates by government in different countries and its impact on their installation in these countries.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report analyses the top impacting factors in detail and offers adoption rate analysis of the market on the basis of different segment across different countries.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
SMART METERS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Smart Meters Market By Type
- Smart Electric Meters
- Smart Water Meters
- Smart Gas Meters
- Smart Meters Market By End User
- Industrial & Commercial Smart Meters Market
- Residential Smart Meters Market
- Smart Meters Market By Region
- Rest of the World