Smart seat belts are referred to the seat belts with modern technology that endeavour to enhance safety feature of an automobile. Currently, smart seat belts are launched that automatically tighten prior to the accident, thereby minimizing the risk of injury. The leading automobile company Mercedes introduced active seat-belt buckle technology for the rear seats. The buckle of the seat comprises electric motor that extends the buckle out from the seat, as the rear door opens. The buckle attached with the belt is lit in case of dim light.
The market is in its initial phase and the major players in the automotive industry are focusing on developing highly efficient and smarter technology seat belts. Increase in focus of companies toward improvement of safety & security features in their automobiles is expected to drive the market in future. Moreover, the features act as differentiating proposition in high-end vehicles, thereby attracting more number of users.
- The report includes an extensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the global smart seat belt technology market.
- The factors that affect the growth and the market projections from 2017 to 2023 are included.
- The report provides quantitative & qualitative trends to assist the stakeholders to understand the opportunities prevailing in the market.
- An in-depth analysis of key segments is provided.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players globally.
Smart Seat Belt Technology Market Key Segments
- North America