Sodium bicarbonate food grade is a white, crystalline powder, which is used as a systematic alkalizer, buffering agent, electrolyte replenisher, and in topical cleansing solutions. It is stable in dry air and decomposes slowly in moist air. It is a mineral salt added to reverse osmosis of water and to make it suitable for drinking purpose. Thus, it is used as water softener, which removes calcium and magnesium impurities. It has several applications in food industry & households such as production of food & beverages, odor absorbent, ingredient in frozen yeast products, used as a fruit washing agent, is a major ingredient in baking powder.
Extensive demand from food industry in the major driving factor for global sodium bicarbonate food grade market. Moreover, increase in demand from pharmaceutical industry and for drinking water treatment propels the market growth. However, high doses of sodium bicarbonate in food can cause headache, nausea, and irritability, which hampers the market growth.
The global sodium bicarbonate food grade market is segmented based on base product, application, and geography. On the basis of base product, the market is divided into sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide, and nahcolite extraction. Applications covered in the study include food and beverages. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profile in the report are Tata Chemicals Ltd., FMC Corporation, Chemtex Specialty Ltd., Novacarb, Solvay S.A., Church & Dwight Co, Inc., Natural Soda, Natrium Products Inc., Tosoh Corporation, and Asahi.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global sodium bicarbonate food grade market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Sodium Bicarbonate Food Grade Market Key Segments:
By Base Product
- Sodium Carbonate
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Nahcolite Extraction
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry include the following:
- Noah Technologies
- Yuhua Chemical
- Sisecam A.S.