The rapid growth and development in all the industries have led to the demand for more chemical compounds which is making the chemical industry to rise. Sodium Malate is sodium salt of malic acid and malic acid is obtained from the fermentation process of natural sugars. Sodium malate is also found naturally in fruits such as unripe apples, apricots, tomatoes, peaches, pears, cherries, cranberries, plums, and other fruits. It is used as a flavoring agent & pH regulator by the processed food industry which also increases the shelf life of food and used by the beauty & personal industry as an active ingredient in skin lotions and conditioners. Research and development is being carried out by the market leaders to find new uses of sodium malate.
- The impact of COVID-19 is minimum in the food & beverage industry which has maintained the demand for sodium malate in the market.
- The chemical ingredient manufacturers are facing problems such as the unavailability of raw materials and labors for production.
- The market is expected to experience growth after the lockdown opens due to rise in demand from the food & beverage industry and the pharma industry.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The most important factor that boosts the demand for sodium malate is the use of sodium malate by the food industry in processed food to increase the shelf life of food, regulate pH, use as a flavoring agent, and other uses. In addition, sodium malate is used in most of the confectionery shops as a buffering agent and flavor enhancer, the use of sodium malate as a substitute for sodium chloride for processing low-salt food products and use for skincare by cosmetic items are the driving factors of the growth of the global sodium malate market. However, sodium malate lack in enzyme to metabolize its compounds and is not recommended for children, pregnant and lactic women. Major research in the field is related to the extended use of sodium malate in the pharma industry.
The global Sodium Malate Market trends are as follows:
Surge in usage in Cosmetic and pharma industry
There has been a surge in demand for sodium malate by the cosmetic and beauty care industry in the last couple of years. Sodium Malate is used as a pH regulating agent in cosmetics manufacturing as the pH level of cosmetic impacts the texture of the cosmetic and its overall appearance after applying it. Also, the consumer's demand for high pH cosmetics has increased as they are don’t cause skin problems. In addition, sodium malate is used as in skin care products as a conditioning and anti-aging agent has boosted up the demand for sodium sulfate.
Growth in uses by European and North American countries
The European countries are the largest consumers of sodium malate due to extensive use in the processed food industry and Europe has the highest growing market for confectionery and processed food products. North America has shown a trend in using sodium malate in cooking oils and so as some other countries across the globe. The Asia-Pacific market is growing significantly as there has been a rise in the disposable income of people and the demand for cosmetic products has increased.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sodium malate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global sodium malatemarket share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sodium malatemarket growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global sodium malatemarket analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Sodium Malate MarketResearch Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the sodium malatemarket?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sodium Malate Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Penta Manufacturer, Bio-Rad Laboratories, ChemNet, Lonza, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., Great Wall Biochemical, MP Biomedicals, Xi'an Jiaboying Biotechnology., Shanxi Leda Biochemical, Tokyo Chemical Industry, Muby Chemicals, Qingdao Twell Sansino Import & Export Co., FUSO