Software Defined Perimeter Market Research, 2031
The global software defined perimeter market was valued at $5.3 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $143.1 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 39.3% from 2022 to 2031. A security framework known as the “software-defined perimeter,” or SDP, regulates resource access based on identity. An SDP conceals an organization's infrastructure from outsiders, regardless of where it is situated while allowing authorized users access. It does this by creating a perimeter using software rather than hardware.
A significant increase in demand is anticipated for the software-defined perimeter during the projection period. The two main drivers influencing the market's growth in the upcoming years are the expanding usage of cloud technology and the rising demand for scalable and programmable security architecture. The demand for software defined perimeters has increased because of the development of the Internet of Things (IoT) and shifting “bring your own devices” (BYOD) tendencies. Small and large businesses can provide regulated, protected, and reactive access to networked systems owing to software-defined perimeters (SNP). SDP may therefore be deployed more affordably and easily than existing fire and other technologies.
A lack of understanding of cyber security is a major impediment to the growth of the software-defined perimeter market. Furthermore, future market growth will be hampered by the increasing use of alternative security applications. Despite these limitations, the market will still expand significantly.
The industry players are investing a lot of effort in the research & development of smart and unique strategies to sustain their growth in the market. Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, partnerships, and the refurbishment of existing technology are examples of these strategies. In the Inaugural Intel Vision Event on May 10, 2022, event Intel made announcements about developments in silicon, software, and services, demonstrating how it integrates technologies and the ecosystem to create business value for clients now and in the future. Improved corporate outcomes and insights, a lower total cost of ownership, a quicker time to market, higher value, and a positive global impact are some of the advantages illustrated by real-world examples.
The key players profiled in this report include VeloCloud Networks, Inc., Intel Corporation, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Symantec Corporation, Vidder, Inc., Fortinet, Inc. , Cisco Systems, Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Catbird, Inc., and Cryptzone North America Inc.
The global software defined perimeter market forecast report is segmented on the basis of connectivity, deployment mode, organization size, user type, and region. By connectivity, the market is sub-segmented into controller, gateway, and end point. On the basis of deployment mode, the market is classified into on-premises and cloud. By organization size, the market is classified into large enterprise and small and medium enterprise. By user type, the market is classified into government and defense, IT & telecom, banking, financial services & insurance, manufacturing, healthcare, retail & e-commerce, and others. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The software defined perimeter market is segmented into Connectivity, Deployment Mode, Organization Size and User Type.
By connectivity, the gateway sub-segment dominated the market in 2021. The transport layer security connections, which are designed to deliver communication security, heavily rely on the type of gateway connectivity. This authenticates the device's identification and grants the user’s permission. In the near future, this component will make SDP security more necessary. These are predicted to be the major factors affecting the software defined perimeter market size during the forecast period.
By deployment mode, In 2021, the cloud sub-segment is expected to hold a dominant market share. By fostering collaboration, cloud computing improves software defined perimeter outcomes. Users have complete data access from any location at any time using any device. It also allows employees to work, communicate, and collaborate virtually from anywhere. During the analysis period, these factors are predicted to accelerate the expansion of the cloud sub-segment.
By organization size, the large enterprise sub-segment dominated the global software defined perimeter market share in 2021. There is a vast amount of financial, accounting, data, and other corporate information in large firms. Therefore, such sophisticated and important data must be securely stored and only accessible to authorized people. While SDP keeps an eye on any behavioral changes in the environment, the user performs a variety of private chores. Thus, the segment's expansion is being fueled by the growing volume of financial data and other pertinent information.
By user type, the government and defense sub-segment dominated the global software defined perimeter market share in 2021. This increase is linked to the widespread use of SDP security systems in the military and government to secure weapons using surveillance, reconnaissance, and intelligence data. To secure the government and defense sector's data, these systems require the most reliable and advanced security system, which is predicted to raise demand for SDP security systems. These are predicted to be the major factors affecting the software defined perimeter market size during the forecast period.
By region, North America dominated the global market in 2021. The software defined perimeter industry is dominated by North America, which is regarded as having the most developed infrastructure for adopting cutting-edge security technologies. Governments in this area are making efforts to provide a secure IT environment and safeguard private information. Furthermore, the region has strict compliance management regulations. Business needs flexible and agile security solutions as data centers become more software-driven.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Software Defined Perimeter Industry
- As a result of the COVID-19, the market suffered significant losses in many regions. It interfered with prospective initiatives and plans, which now require a lot more time. The demand for a sustainable system has nevertheless increased, as a result of the sharp transition toward digitization and cloud-based technologies. The Software Defined Perimeter Market Growth is anticipated to benefit from this necessity.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 epidemic, numerous large and small-scale businesses, notably in the IT and digital marketing industries, have moved their activities to digital platforms and the cloud, which is projected to increase demand for software defined perimeter solutions in the coming years.
- While several IT firms have stated that remote work will probably continue to be the standard during 2020 and the first quarter of 2021, the use of software defined perimeter solutions is anticipated to pick up significantly.
- The COVID-19 pandemic's significant trend toward remote work has significantly raised attention in the software defined perimeter. Additionally, the usage of the software defined perimeter is anticipated to increase during the COVID-19 pandemic and the COVID-19-free era as VPNs continues to present a variety of issues to remote employees.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the software defined perimeter market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing software defined perimeter market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the software defined perimeter market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global software defined perimeter market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Software Defined Perimeter Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2031
USD 143.1 billion
CAGR of 39.3%
2021 - 2031
By Deployment Mode
By Organization Size
By User Type
Key Market Players
Intel Corporation, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., Catbird Networks, Inc., RSA Security LLC., Broadcom Corp, Fortinet, Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Certes Networks
The rise in demand for improved systems is one of the key market drivers for the software defined perimeter market. These systems aid in the protection of the systems utilized by various businesses. The reason for this is that as cloud-based systems become more prevalent and technology advances quickly, they become more susceptible to cyber-attacks. In this, a perimeter is created on the network dynamically to protect the data present in a cloud, in the demilitarized zone, and in data centers. The emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) and changing bring-your-device (BYOD) trends are expected to further fuel the growth. However, a lack of understanding of cyber-security is one of the major challenges confronting the software-defined perimeter industry. Furthermore, the market is expected to be hampered in the future by the increase in the usage of alternative security applications. Nevertheless, despite these limitations, the market is expected to grow significantly. The software defined perimeter industry provides security and other crucial aspects at a reasonable price. It aids in reducing the difficulties encountered when controlling the systems. Additionally, cloud-based technologies improve VPN tunnels to address security issues.
Among the analyzed regions, North America is expected to account for the highest revenue in the market by the end of 2031, followed by Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. The main forces behind the growth include a variety of technological developments and early acceptance of new technology, which are the key factors responsible for the leading positions of North America and Asia-Pacific in the global software defined perimeter market.