Sourdough is a type of bread prepared with yeast and bacteria found naturally in flour. Sourdough is made with ingredients like sourdough starter, which is made up of flour and water, and salt. Sourdough has health advantages similar to yogurt and kefir. Sourdough bread is made by fermenting dough with lactobacilli and yeast that are found in nature. Because of the lactic acid created by the lactobacilli, this form of bread has a sour flavour and superior intrinsic keeping abilities than yeast bread.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Sourdough items are manufactured by fermenting dough with lactobacilli and yeast found in nature. Because of the lactic acid produced by the lactobacilli, sourdough products made from sourdough bread have a stronger sour flavor. According to MRFR analysis, global sourdough sales are likely to decline during the COVID-19 epidemic and for the next few months once the situation has stabilized. The COVID-19 epidemic has had an impact on the bakery sector as a whole. Due to the lockdown restrictions, sourdough production and manufacturing has declined substantially over the world. The general sourdough market has also been harmed by the closure of retail establishments offering bread items, low raw material availability, labor shortages, and supply chain disruptions.
Furthermore, with the onset of COVID-19, there has been a shift in food consumption and purchasing preferences, particularly sourdough goods. People are more inclined to purchase bread and bakery products with strong nutritional qualities because to extended lockdown periods, and hence are opting for sourdough baked products. During these uncertain times, the growing demand for low-GI bread and bakery items is assisting in the rise of the sourdough sector. Furthermore, the COVID-19 outbreak has shifted customer purchasing preferences for bakery products from store-based channels such as convenience stores, supermarkets, and hypermarkets. Consumers have been compelled to use internet channels due to the closing of physical locations. However, the sourdough market's expansion is being hampered by a shortage of suitable stocks in e-commerce channels due to poor production capacity and transportation limitations caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rising demand for gluten free bakery products will drive market growth.
- Growing sales of private label sourdough will also accelerate the growth of the market.
- Increasing popularity of artisinal bread culture is also enhancing the market growth.
- Rising consumer preference for healthy food is also driving the demand of this market.
- By 2025, pizza and bread will have a potential incremental opportunity-
Sourdough is used in a variety of ways, including bread, pizza, cookies, buns, cakes and pastries, and waffles. Among them, the pizza and bread section is likely to take the majority of the pie. The category is growing due to increased demand for sourdough pizza bases in fast food restaurants. During the projection period, increased use of sourdough by small-scale bakery product makers is likely to support global demand for sourdough. Furthermore, sourdough is steadily expanding its shelf space in supermarkets.
During the projected period, a growing number of bakeries, a significant increase in home baking, and the growth of artisanal bakeries are expected to contribute to a higher uptake of sourdough. According to researchers, increased knowledge of the benefits of sourdough breads over ordinary loaves has had a favorable impact on the global industry.
- Increased gluten intolerance and sensitivity diagnosis to fuel sourdough adoption-
In recent years, the number of persons suffering from gluten sensitivity or celiac disease has increased dramatically. The diagnosis of celiac disease has increased as people become more aware of the physiological effects of a gluten-free diet. Furthermore, as people become more aware of gluten sensitivity or wheat allergy, they are intentionally limiting their gluten consumption and selecting gluten-free items. Because bread is a common food in many parts of the world, demand for gluten-free bread is expected to rise. Because sourdough is gluten-free, demand for its products is rapidly increasin
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the SOURDOUGH MARKET industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the SOURDOUGH MARKET share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the SOURDOUGH MARKET growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed SOURDOUGH MARKET analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the ‘SOURDOUGH MARKET’?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “SOURDOUGH MARKET” prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "SOURDOUGH MARKET"?
Soudough Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Goodmills Group, Puratos, among others., Riverside Sourdough, Lesaffre, IREKS GmbH, Alpha Baking Co., ITALMILL S.r.l., Portland French Bakery, Real Bread & Food company, Lallemand Inc