Sports Medicine Market Overview:
Global Sports Medicine Market was valued at $6,615 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $11,172 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 7.7% from 2017 to 2023. Sports medicine is a branch of healthcare that deals with enhancing people’s athletic performance. Sport medicine products help people recover from injuries and prevent future injuries. In addition, sports medicine has displayed a considerable growth among all the other healthcare fields, as professionals in this field have the capability to treat all kinds of people, and not just athletes. Increase in the demand for sports medicine is witnessed over the years owing to the rise in incidence of sports associated injuries along with increase in awareness among people regarding physical fitness. In addition, government initiatives pertaining to sports medicine increase the participation of athletes worldwide. Further, elevation in the demand for minimally invasive surgeries supplements the growth of the sports medicine market. However, lack of skilled professionals in this field, and inappropriate administration and guidelines regarding sports medicine hamper the growth.
Global Sports Medicine Market Segmentation
The sports medicine market is segmented based on product, application, and region. Based on product, it is classified into body reconstruction & repair products, body support & recovery products, body monitoring & evaluation, and accessories. Body reconstruction & repair products are sub-segmented into implants, arthroscopy devices, fracture and ligament repair devices, prosthetic devices, and orthobiologics. Further, body support & recovery products are sub-segmented into thermal therapy products, brace and support devices, and compression clothing. Body monitoring and evaluation is sub-segmented into cardiac monitoring & evaluation, respiratory monitoring & evaluation, hemodynamic monitoring & evaluation, muscoskeletal monitoring & evaluation, and other monitoring & evaluation. Based on application, the sports medicine market is divided into knee injuries, shoulder injuries, ankle & foot injuries, elbow & wrist injuries, hip & groin injuries, back & spine injuries, and other injuries.
UK Sports Medicine Market, 2016-2023 ($Million)
Body reconstruction and repair products have generated the highest revenue throughout the forecast period. This dominance of this segment is attributed to high demand for arthroscopy devices along with increase in transition from conventional open surgeries to minimally invasive surgeries employing orthobiologics.
Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
The impact of the driving factors is expected to surpass that of the restraints. Moreover, rise in influx of athletes as well as increase in demand for regenerative sports medicine provide new growth opportunities in the near future.
Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the key players operating in the global sports medicine market, such as Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation, Johnson & Johnson (Depuy Mitek), Arthrex, Inc., Conmed Corporation, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Breg, Inc., Mueller Sports Medicine, Inc., DJO Global, Inc., and Wright, Medical Group N.V.
The other key players in the value chain include Breg, Inc., Ceterix Orthopaedics, General Electric Company, KFx Medical LLC., Medtronic, MedShape, Inc., Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., and NuVasive, Inc.
Key Market Benefits
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global sports medicine market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- A quantitative analysis of the industry from 2016 to 2023 is provided to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of key segments of the industry is provided to understand the type of products and indications used globally.
- Key market players and their strategies are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Sports Medicine Market Key Segments:
- Body Reconstruction and Repair
- Arthroscopy Devices
- Fracture and Ligament Repair Devices
- Prosthetic Devices
- Body Support and Recovery
- Thermal Therapy Products
- Brace and Support Devices
- Compression Clothing
- Monitoring Devices
- Body Monitoring and Evaluation Devices
- Cardiac monitoring and evaluation devices
- Respiratory monitoring and evaluation devices
- Hemodynamic monitoring and evaluation devices
- Muscoskeletal monitoring and evaluation devices
- Other monitoring and evaluation devices
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Ankle and Foot Injuries
- Back and Spine Injuries
- Elbow and Wrist Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Other Injuries
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA