Tahini is a sesame seed-based condiment or thick paste. Vitamin B, calcium, and proteins are all found in it. Tahini is high in fatty acids, which have a variety of health benefits, including aiding in the maintenance of good skin. Furthermore, it is high in Vitamin E, which helps to slow down the ageing process. Tahini has higher protein content than other foods such as milk, soy, almonds, and others. In Middle Eastern cuisine, tahini-based sauces are used as a salad dressing and a topping for vegetables and meat.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global tahini sector, encompassing global trade, consumption, and manufacturing or production, is projected to be severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Tahini consumption in food service establishments has reduced dramatically as a result of government actions like as complete or partial lockout in several nations. Hotels, restaurants, and retail stores have been shuttered to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The worldwide recession produced by the COVID-19 pandemic's indirect and direct effects is projected to have a greater negative influence on tahini demand. Reduced household incomes may result in lower tahini demand in terms of volume.
- During COVID-19, all tahini producing enterprises are suffering. Manufacturers are dealing with a disrupted supply chain and decreased demand as a result of COVID-19. Companies will find it necessary to evolve with the times and innovate in order to be relevant once the pandemic scenario has calmed down. The COVID-19 epidemic is having a seismic effect on enterprises all around the world. This is, however, a time to fine-tune business contingency and continuity strategies, as well as to explore new business opportunities. Factors such as the high nutritional value of tahini are driving up demand for tahini during the COVID-19 pandemic, as people become more health-conscious.However, during the COVID-19 pandemic; the allergic reactions linked with the eating of sesame seeds in a broad population are reducing the demand for tahini.
Top Impacting Factors
Growing demand for tahini paste and sauce in the food and beverage industry is expected to propel the global tahini market forward in the coming years.
Another factor expected to drive market expansion is rise in demand for traditional Mediterranean and Middle Eastern meals and dishes such as hummus and baba ghanoush around the world.
In addition, the growing popularity of tahini sauces, condiments, and dressings among consumers in developed economies is likely to propel the global market forward in the coming years.
Growing demand for ready-to-eat food products in developing nations, owing to individuals' busy lifestyles and rising disposable income, is expected to drive the prospective market's expansion.
Tahini's Health Benefits and Taste Enhancing Properties
- Tahini has recently gained appeal in Western society as one of the essential components of a decent hummus. Tahini is used as a foundation ingredient in a variety of Middle Eastern recipes in addition to hummus. Tahini has been referred to as one of the "mother sauces" by "The New York Times" because of its variety and depth of taste. It has excellent health benefits in addition to its deliciousness. Tahini includes a lot of mono and polyunsaturated fats, which are good for your heart and overall health, according to the US Department of Agriculture's National Nutrient Database.Sesame seeds, on the other hand, include phytosterols, which have cholesterol-lowering and cancer-blocking properties, but the body finds it difficult to absorb the nutrients due to the hard outer hull.
The Global Market is Dominated by the Middle East
- Turkey dominated the market, with Israel, Iran, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon following closely behind. China was the greatest importer of sesame seeds, while Ethiopia was the largest exporter. African countries, particularly Egypt, are predicted to dominate the market examined by the end of the forecast period, both in terms of supply and demand, while Asian imports are expected to increase. As it is a symbol of culinary culture, tahini products endure fierce competition, particularly from overseas markets. The health advantages of tahini, combined with the healthy food trend among consumers, have expanded tahini's appeal around the world.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the tahini industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the tahini market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the tahini market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed tahini market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Tahini Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the ‘tahini market’?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “tahini market “prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "tahini market"?
Tahini Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Production Process
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
A.O. Ghandour & Sons, El Rashidi El Mizan, Sunshine International Foods, Inc., Mounir Bissat Factories