Telecom tower generators are power systems that are specifically designed to give power to telecom towers 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the event of a power outage. Telecom tower generators assist telecom service providers in providing their customers with seamless communication and data transfer services. Telecommunication towers can be powered by AC mains or a combination of diesel generators and batteries. The telecom industry requires a permanent connection to a reliable power supply in order for users such as hospital staff, police officers, and emergency responders, to maintain consistent communications. Generator sets are widely utilized as a backup power source to provide cost-effective, safe, and secure operations in the event of a power outage. Continuous load alternatives are also crucial in the sector for powering high-demand signal switch stations and remote cell tower locations. The telecom industry uses a variety of generators, including diesel, gas, and renewable energy generators. The market's growth prospects are expected to be boosted by the rising demand for uninterrupted and dependable electricity in telecom infrastructure during power outages.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Market Size Available for Years
Base Year Considered
Type, End use, and Region
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, LAMEA
Indus Tower Ltd., American Tower Corporation, Eaton Towers Limited, Emerson Network Power, Inc., Viom Networks Limited, SBA Communications Corporation, Bharti Infratel Ltd., GTL Infrastructure Ltd., GE Energy Infrastructure, Reliance Infratel Limited, Crown Castle International Corporation, The Generator King, AKSA Power Generation, F.G. Wilson., Mohammed A. Al-Faddaghi & Partners, Perkins Engines Company Limited, Algen Power Generation.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 epidemic has had a negative influence on the telecom generator industry, with numerous countries imposing lockdowns and trade restrictions, causing interruptions in supply chain and tower construction operations in the telecom sector.
- Due to a shortage of supplies and equipment from China, some mobile network operators have had to halt their development projects and are now in financial difficulties.
- Many telecom firms' business development possibilities have been harmed by periodic lockdowns that have hampered the movement of salespeople and distributors.
Top Impacting Factors
In both emergency and routine communications, telecommunication towers play a vital role. Several staff, such as emergency responders, police officers, and hospital employees, rely on telecom towers for reliable communication. The demand for radio communication and mobile airwaves has expanded significantly in the world as a result of the introduction of mobile phones. The demand for a large-scale global network of telecom towers, from cities to remote places, has increased as a result. The move to greener options provided by Energy Service Companies is a major impediment to diesel generator adoption. Diesel generators emit more decibels of noise when compared to other types of generators. As a result, a number of government agencies have developed noise-control rules and regulations. Thus, rise in concerns about noise and air pollution have shifted investments to renewable technologies like fuel cells, which is expected to limit the use of diesel generators in the telecom industry during forecast timeframe.
- KOHLER-SDMO launched its New Value line of industrial generator sets. The generators, which have been powered by BAUDOUIN engines, have a power range of 900 kVA to 1500 kVA, making them suitable for a wide range of power-dependent sectors.
- Aggreko plc, a global leader in the delivery of temporary power and temperature control solutions, has completed the purchase of Generator Hire Service (“GHS”), a provider of specialised rental equipment in Australia, through its subsidiary Aggreko Generator Rentals Pty Ltd.
Key Segments Covered
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the telecom generator industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Telecom generator market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the telecom generator market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Telecom generator market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Telecom Generator Market Report Highlights
By End use
Key Market Players
GE Energy Infrastructure, Eaton Towers Limited, Indus Tower Ltd., Bharti Infratel Ltd., SBA Communications Corporation, GTL Infrastructure Ltd., Reliance Infratel Limited, Emerson Network Power, Inc, American Tower Corporation, Viom Networks Limited