Thaumatin is a low-calorie sweetener and a flavoring agent, which is extracted from the katemfe fruit, native to West Africa. Thaumatin is extremely stable in high temperature & acidic conditions, and is water soluble. A small portion of protein found in the thaumatin family are about 2000 times sweeter than sugar. Thaumatin is used largely in the production of chocolates, sweets, toffies, and many such confectionary products. In addition, it is used in both diary and nondairy products. It helps in flavor enhancement of particular foods by reducing sourness and bitterness. It has found is applications in pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries, due to presence of high sugar content.
Increase in consumption of confectionary products and increase in use of natural flavors in food & beverage industry fuel the demand for thaumatin, thereby accelerating the market growth. However, the cost of extraction of traumatic is high and limited availability if katemfe fruit restrain the market growth. The use of recombinant DNA technology to modify genes to produce thaumatin protein is expected to provide growth opportunity for the market.
The thaumatin market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is categorized into food grade, pharmaceutical grade, and others. Applications covered in the study include flavoring agent, sweetener, and others. By end-user industry, the market is classified into pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food & beverage, cosmetics, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are Naturex Group, BENEO-Palatinit GmbH, Natex, KF Specialty Ingredients Nutraceutical Group, Neptune Bio-Innovations, and Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Thaumatin Market Key Segments:
- Food Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
By Application Type
- Flavoring agent
By End-user Industry
- Food & Beverage
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA