Through-Silicon Via (TSV) IC Packaging Market Outlook – 2027
A through-silicon via (TSV) or through-chip via in electronic engineering is a vertical electrical connection (via) that needs to pass or dies entirely through a silicon wafer. TSVs are high-performance interconnecting technologies often used to build 3D packages and 3D integrated circuits as a substitute to wire-bond and flip-chips. The interconnection and system density are considerably higher compared to the competition such as package-on-package, and the contact length is shorter.
Innovation in IC packaging enables a smaller end product like smart cell phone, tablets. Through silicon via (TSV) is an additive manufacturing technique which is installed in less space with better connectivity. TSV is used to bridge multiple ICs in one packet. TSV finds applications in various markets such as that of MPUs, DRAMs, PLDs, chips for special purpose communications logic, chips for graphics and CMOS image sensors.
The global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market is segmented on the basis of platform type, application, end user, and region. Based on platform type, through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market is bifurcated into 2.5D TSV platform and 3D TSV platform. In terms of application, the market is categorized into memory arrays, image sensors, graphics chips, MPUs (microprocessor units), DRAM (dynamic random-access memory), integrated circuits, and others.
On the basis of end user, through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market is divided into consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, healthcare, aerospace & defense, oil & gas, paper & pulp, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging industry include Applied Materials, International Business Machines Corporation, Amkor Micralyne, Inc., Tezzaron Semiconductors, STATS ChipPAC Ltd, Micralyne, Inc., Xilinx., Intel Corporation, Renesas Electronics Corporation, and Texas Instruments. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market.
Top Impacting Factors
The major factor catalyzing the growth of the through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market is the increase in adoption for advanced electronic products which drives the semiconductor & electronics industry to innovate & integrate new packaging technology and high demand for 3D packaging using TSVs are factors that drives through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market growth.
3D Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Packaging (WLCSP) to Hold the Largest Market Share
3D WLCSP is among the most compact package styles, with enhanced flexibility and better thermal efficiency compared to 3D TSV and 2.5D IC in printed circuit boards. 3D WLCSP has a simpler design process for the manufacture of 3D ICs, using polymers capable of handling extreme temperatures, thereby solving the temperature issue which is the key challenge for this industry. In room-constrained mobile applications and other wearable consumer devices as well as industrial goods, WLCSP has gained momentum as it offers a cost-effective, compact, lightweight, high-performance semiconductor solution.
Asia-Pacific to Account For the Largest Market Share
The key factors that drive the Asia Pacific TSV IC packaging market are the proliferation of major semiconductor foundries that includes UMC (Taiwan) and TSMC (Taiwan), proximity to major downstream manufacturing operations in electronics, government assisted infrastructure funding, tax incentives, and relatively inexpensive availability of qualified engineers and labor.
Miniaturization of electronic devices is a crucial development that has arisen in the global market. Small, convenient, lightweight, but highly advanced electronic devices are becoming an enormous phenomenon among the global population, especially among the millennials. The through-silicon via (TSV) IC packages are a key component of these advanced electronic miniature devices. Hence their increasing sales impacts directly on the total growth of the global packaging market for through-silicon via (TSV) IC.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- COVID-19 can affect the global market in various ways such as disrupted supply chain and market, direct impact on production and demand, and financial downtime on corporations and financial markets.
- Intel factories around the globe continue to operate on a relatively normal basis and sustains their manufacturing, assembly, test and supply chain operations in California, Oregon, New Mexico, and Arizona, as well as Israel, Malaysia, Ireland, China, Vietnam and other Intel and partner locations around the world.
- Although the Movement Control Order announced by the Malaysian government is expected to continue until June 9, 2020, after permission from the Malaysian government, the three production sites of Renesas Group located in Malaysia that were operating at a reduced capacity have returned to normal service.
- At this moment production sites of Renesas Group located in Japan are all under regular activity. Distribution centers located within Japan are still running normally.
Questions Answered in the Through-Silicon Via (TSV) IC Packaging Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market size?
- How current through-silicon via (TSV) IC packaging market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Through-Silicon Via (TSV) IC Packaging Market Report Highlights
By Platform Type
By End User
Key Market Players
STATS ChipPAC Ltd, Applied Materials, Intel Corporation, Micralyne, Inc., Amkor Micralyne, Inc.,, International Business Machines Corporation, Texas Instruments, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Tezzaron Semiconductors, Xilinx.