Train control and management system (TCMS) is a control system for trains, which manages and controls the flow of information between the train and the trains sub systems, such as the trains doors and the air conditioner. TCMS is considered as the brain of the train as it optimizes and controls all the functions and activities. The main objective of TCMS is to operate the train with maximum efficiency keeping passenger safety on priority.
Growth in trend of automated metros and high-speed trains, increase in urbanization across the globe, and rise in fuel emission norms and regulations drive the market. In addition, increase in investments in technology, upgrade of the systems, and increase in demand for safe and comfortable transport also boosts the market. However, a potential malfunction or system failure hinders the growth of the TCMS market.
The global TCMS market is segmented on the basis of train type, solution, components, and geography. On the basis of train type, it is classified into metros & high-speed train, electric multiple unit, and diesel multiple unit. Based on control solution, it is categorized into communication-based train control solution, positive train control, and integrated train control. On the basis of components, it is divided into vehicle control unit, mobile communication gateway, and human machine interface. Geographically, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the market include Hitachi Ltd., Siemens AG, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Oranjewoud NV, EKE-Electronics, CAF, Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, S.A., Alstom, Strukton Rail, and Bombardier Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides a detailed overview of the global TCMS market.
- It outlines current and future trends to assess overall market attractiveness.
- Porters Five Forces model illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTATION
- Metros & High-Speed Train
- Electric Multiple Unit
- Diesel Multiple Unit
By Control Solution
- Communication-Based Train Control Solution
- Positive Train Control
- Integrated Train Control
- Vehicle Control Unit
- Mobile Communication Gateway
- Human Machine Interface
- North America
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Oranjewoud NV
- CAF, Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, S.A.
- Strukton Rail
- Bombardier Inc.