Transcriptomics is the collection and study of transcriptomes of different types of cells and tissues present in an organism. It is a promising tool for discovery of basic gene expression patterns, determination of drug-induced toxicity in adverse drug reactions, and other uses in the medical field.
Increase in demand for modified medicines for transcriptomes, rise in number of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in Asia-Pacific, availability of government and private funding, increased R&D activities, and continuous improvements in healthcare infrastructures drive the market growth. However, high initial investment cost and lack of skilled professionals hamper this growth. Usage of transcriptomic technologies in the field of biomarker discovery and cardiac disease, pollution-related ailments increasing the utilization of transcriptomics, and untapped market in emerging nations present opportunities for market growth in the future.
The market is segmented on the basis product, technology, application, end user, and region. Based on product, it is bifurcated into transcriptomics consumables and transcriptomics instruments. On the basis of technology, it is divided into microarray, PCR, sequencing, next-generation sequencing (NGS), and RNAi gene silencing. The application segment includes clinical diagnostics, drug discovery, and toxicogenomics. The end users of this market are pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, academic research & government institutes, and hospitals & diagnostic centers. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The market is dominated by players such as Affymetrix Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Fluidigm Corporation, GE Healthcare, Illumina Inc., Sigma Aldrich, Thermofisher Scientific Inc., and Qiagen N.V.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product facilitates in understanding the various types of products used in transcriptomics market.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Transcriptomics Market Key Segments:
- Trancriptomics Consumables
- Transcriptomics Instruments
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Sanger Sequencing
- RNAi Gene Silencing
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Drug Discovery
By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic Research & Government Institutes
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA