Transfection Reagents & Equipment Market Overview 2030
Transfection is the process of introducing genetic material (such as DNA or RNA) into eukaryotic cells to allow the cell's own process to produce proteins in cells. Double-stranded RNA transfection is used to prevent the production of certain proteins by hindering the translation process. The transfection process allows the study of gene function and expression, gene mutation, and protein function. The process of transfection can be divided into stable transfection and transient transfection. Unique membrane active features of transfection reagent are help transfection complex to penetrate the plasma and endocytic membranes in the cell.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the transfection reagents & equipment market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in demand for synthetic genes, surge in usage of transfection, rise in popularity of protein therapeutics, increase in incidence of cancer across the globe, rise in geriatric population, and surge in number of commercially available reagents are the major factors that drive the growth of transfection reagents & equipment market.
- In addition, increase in R & D activities by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies to develop advance healthcare technology, rise in usage of novel biotechnology techniques, surge in expenses to build advance healthcare facilities, ongoing advancement in cancer research sector to develop effective cancer treatment procedures, and strategic developments by key market players are expected to fuel the growth of transfection reagents & equipment market.
- However, high cost associated with transfection procedures and lack of awareness regarding transfection methods restrain the growth of transfection reagents & equipment market.
- Contrarily, rise in novel cancer treatment procedures and government initiatives for regulatory approvals are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2020, Polyplus Transfection SA announced launch of first GMP complient PEIpro transfection reagent. This reagent are designed for process of preclinical, clinical & commercial lentivirus and adeno associated virus for production of cell & gene therapies.
In 2019, Mirus Bio announced launch of new quality TransIT-Virusgen select transfection reagent. This reagent is developed for large scale virus production for preclinical and clinical phase trials.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of transfection reagents & equipment market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the transfection reagents & equipment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the transfection reagents & equipment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Transfection Reagents & Equipment Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the transfection reagents & equipment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "transfection reagents & equipment"?
- What is "transfection reagents & equipment" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "transfection reagents & equipment" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "transfection reagents & equipment" market report?
Transfection Reagents & Equipment Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Promega Corporation, Lonza Group Ltd., Bio–Rad Laboratories Inc., OriGene Technologies Inc., Qiagen N.V., Mirus Bio LLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, PromoCell GmbH