Catheterization is a medical procedure that facilitates drainage of urine from the body using urinary catheters, which are hollow, partially flexible tubes. The urinary catheters devices are used in patients with urinary incontinence & retention, multiple sclerosis, dementia, and temporary post-surgery of prostate or genitals. They can be inserted through the tube that carries urine out of the body or through a small opening made in the lower part of the stomach. The urinary self-catheter market is anticipated to grow during the forecast period due to rise in incidence of targeted diseases such as urinary incontinence, bladder obstruction, benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), and others.
Development of the medical devices industry; availability of advanced catheters; rise in geriatric population; and increase in incidence of diseases such as urinary incontinence, benign prostate hyperplasia, and others boost the growth of the global urinary self-catheter market. Moreover, increase in awareness towards health & hygiene and rise in favorable reimbursement policies accelerate the market growth. However, side effects associated with urinary catheters such as urinary tract infection, bladder spasms, and others and difficulty in maintaining the urinary catheter restrain the growth of the market.
The global urinary self-catheters market is segmented based on type, product, application, end user, and geography. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into male type and female type. By product, it is categorized into intermittent catheters, foley/indwelling catheters, and external catheters. Applications covered in this study include benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), urinary incontinence, spinal cord injury, and others. By end user, the market is classified into hospital, clinic, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, AsiaPacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include B Braun Melsungen AG, Hollister, Inc., Coloplast, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic PLC, C.R. Bard, Inc., Teleflex, Inc., Cook Medical, Inc., ASID BONZ GmbH, and Medical Technologies of Georgia, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis illustrates the use of urinary self-catheters to drain out urine from the body in diseases such as urinary incontinence & retention, bladder obstruction, and others.
Urinary Self-catheter Market Key Segment:
- Intermittent Catheters
- Foley/Indwelling Catheters
- External Catheters
- Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Spinal Cord Injury
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA