DHA and other omega-3 components are obtained in large quantities from both marine and botanical sources. Algal, fungus, fish, and krill oil are all marine sources. Vegan DHA is made up of DHA derived from sources other than fish, such as chia seed oil, flax seed oil, and soybean oil, among others.Vegan DHA in animal nutrition, whether provided through grazing or as a dietary supplement, is significant because it influences their production, reproduction, and other health outcomes.
Various studies have shown that providing necessary fatty acids like DHA to animals improves their hair and skin health. It also supports healthy brain cells and the natural healing process nutritionally.Innovations in vegan DHA formulations, as well as greater consumer awareness of health and overall well-being, will fuel future growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19's impact resulted in new prospects for health-related product makers, particularly dietary supplement manufacturers. The increase in consumer view of these medications as useful in maintaining immunity and their effectiveness in battling the fatal virus has prompted the respective market. As a result, the vegan dha market is in high demand.
Top Impacting Factors
- The food and beverage industry's growing desire for healthy food ingredients has resulted in a rise in demand for healthy food items and a decrease in the requirement for unhealthy fatty acids.
- There has been a growing need for an alternative to a fish derived DHA since many people are vegan and too diet conscious.
- Algal omega-3 components are gaining popularity around the world and are increasingly becoming a part of people's everyday diets. The rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases and people pursuing preventative healthcare measures are the main causes for this shift.
- Demand for EPA/DHA-based Algae Omega-3 in Infant Formulas has Grown
- The market being researched is primarily driven by the rising demand for baby formula in developing countries. China is the world's largest user of infant formula products due to the country's high birth rate. DHA and EPA are necessary for a baby's brain development and immunity. In different legislation and WHO recommendations, DHA has well-established legal restrictions for integration into baby formula products. In China, infant formula has the largest market share for algal omega-3 consumer products.
- Omega-3 has a good influence on a child's brain and improves problem-solving abilities, according to a Norwegian study. High dosages of DHA in baby formula or breast milk, according to new research findings, can have a good influence on the growth of pre-term infants, such as a rise in height. The demand for newborn nutrition and baby food is constantly increasing in nations like China, where both the adult and infant populations are on the rise. The demand for omega-3-fortified newborn nourishment is growing among parents who lead hectic lives and have little time to prepare meals.
- The Largest Market Share belongs to North America
- The U.S. holds the highest proportion of the worldwide algal omega 3 ingredient market in North America. This is attributable to a rise in the use of Omega 3 supplements and fortified foods, as well as increased awareness of Omega 3's health advantages. In addition, prominent businesses' domestic expansion and frequent introductions of goods with improved formulas have supported market growth in the region.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is a key component used in newborn nutrition in the United States. Almost every brand of infant nutrition formula in the country has DHA as an ingredient, which raises the price of the formula and fuels the market for algae omega-3 components in the country. Enfamil, a US-based company, for example, sells Enfagrow A+ Stage 4 Nutritional Milk Powder, which contains DHA as well as other important prebiotics and minerals.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the vegan dha industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the VEGAN DHA MARKET share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the vegan dha market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed vegan dha market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the ‘vegan dha market’?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “vegan dha market” prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "vegan dha market"?
Vegan DHA Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Denomega Nutritional Oils, BASF SE, Natural Products Drugs GmbH., Cargill Inc., Croda International Plc., Hero Nutritionals Inc., Epax Norway AS, Barleans Organic Oils L.L.C., Cellana, Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., Arista Industries Inc., Algaecytes Limited, ALGISYS, LLC.