Video streaming or streaming video or streaming media is a video or audio content, which is sent in compressed form over the internet and played immediately rather than storing it on the hard drive of the device. The word streaming means listening to music or watching a video in real time rather than to wait for the video to be downloaded to the device and then watch it. Streaming videos are usually sent from a pre-recorded video file that are compressed and can be sent over multiple users at the same time. Any device, that has an access to internet and applications that can un-compress the contents, can enjoy the services of video streaming.
The way consumers are able to access the media contents experiences a drastic change. Earlier viewers were limited to watching a program by a cable or satellite service provider at a fixed time which was the major drawback. With the easy to access at any time and from anywhere to the videos of self-interest, able to skip the commercials, no limits in number of repeats, the video streaming market gains a huge popularity among users. Also, the increase in digitalization and more number of broadcasters moving into this service makes way for the growth of the market. The growth of smartphone and tablet market, continuous upgrade from 2G to 3G to 4G of the telecom service provider, easy and affordable access points to internet and popularity and wide spread use of the apps, such as You Tube and Facebook that support video streaming also fuel the market growth. Furthermore, increase in use of virtual reality (VR) systems, rise of next generation formats such as H.256, which provide similar video quality but in half of the data usage boost the market. However, privacy, increase in threat of hackers, rise in parents concern about the content, norms and policies of the regulatory bodies, and poor infrastructure of service providers limit the growth of the market.
The video streaming market is segmented on the basis of streaming type, platform, user type, industry, and geography. By streaming type, it is bifurcated into live video streaming and non-linear video streaming. Based on platform, it is divided into laptops & desktops, smart phones & tablets, smart TV, and gaming consoles. Based on the type of user, it is categorized as large enterprises,and small and medium enterprises (SME). Based on the industrial verticals, the market is classified as BFSI, media and entertainment, retail, education, it and telecom, healthcare, government, and others (manufacturing, transportation, and logistics). Geographically, it is studied across North-America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. The key players in the market include Adobe Systems Incorporated, Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon Web Services, Inc., Apple, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Google Inc., Highwinds Network Group, Inc., Microsoft, Netflix, Inc., and Ustream.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global video streaming market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Geographically, the video streaming market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market elucidates the technologies used currently along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence help understand the competitive scenario across the geographies as well as among the players of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Live Video Streaming
- Non-Linear Video Streaming
- Laptops and Desktops
- Smart phones and Tablets
- Smart TV
- Gaming Consoles
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Media and Entertainment
- IT and Telecom
- Others (Manufacturing, Transportation, and Logistics)
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Google Inc.
- Highwinds Network Group, Inc.
- Netflix, Inc.