Wearable Sensor Market Oveview:
Wearable Sensor is a technological device, which is worn by individuals for tracking information related to health and fitness. These sensors are integrated in cloth or other fashion accessories using wired or wireless devices for monitoring and diagnosing vital signs such as heart rate, blood pressure, and other metabolic activities.
Wearable sensors facilitate physiological and biological sensing. The former helps in diagnosis and monitoring of ongoing treatment for various neurological, cardiovascular, and pulmonary disease such as hypertension, asthma, and others. Motion sensors are being deployed at medical facilities in rural areas that are devoid of remote monitoring systems.
The global wearable sensor market is driven by factors such as increase in adoption of home and remote patient monitoring, advancements in sensor technology, and augmenting use of wearable sensors for infants. In addition, the use of smart consumer electronic devices, such as tablets and smartphones, has enabled monitoring and gathering data, as these sensors can paired with other devices. However, high cost of wearable sensors, privacy concerns, and data integrity hamper the market growth. However, stringent regulations about data storage is expected to increase the popularity of wearable devices among the masses.
The key players operating in the industry are Panasonic Corporation, STMicroelectronics, Adidas, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Analog Devices, ZOLL Medical Corporation (Asahi Kasei Corporation), Infineon Technologies AG., InvenSense Inc., Intel Inc., and Google Inc.
Increase in Awareness of Fitness Among Individuals Boosts Sales of Wearable Devices
The sales of wearable sensors are expected to increase on account of growing awareness regarding health and fitness among individuals. Companies such as Fitbit, Google, and others offer fitness bands that can record data related to metabolic activities such as walking, daily workout, and other fitness activities.
Cost Constraint Restraining Adoption of Wearable Sensor
Price plays a vital role in the adoption of wearable devices. However, increase in production capacity of these gadgets is expected to reduce their prices by 15‐20%. Moreover, technological advancements are expected to lead to the development of cost-effective technologies, which in turn could decrease the costs of these devices.
Top Winning Strategies
Product launch, acquisition, and partnership are some of the key strategies adopted by market players operating in the industry.
- This report provides extensive analyses of the current market trends and dynamics of the global wearable sensor market.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of wearable sensors helps in understanding the market scenario across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations for the period of 2014-2022 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Recent developments, key manufacturers, their market shares, and upcoming products have been enlisted in the report.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global wearable sensor market by type helps in understanding the market trends.
- Comprehensive analyses of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global wearable sensor market are provided in the report.
Wearable Sensor Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Image Sensor
- Medical Based Sensor
- Motion Sensor
- Position Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Others (Chemical, optical and stretch)
- Body Wear
- Eye Wear
- Foot Wear
- Wrist Wear
- Others (finger, neck and head wear)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Adidas AG
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Intel Inc.
- InvenSense Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- ZOLL Medical Corporation (Asahi Kasei Corporation)