Wireless Industrial Router Market Research, 2032
The global wireless industrial router market was valued at $7.9 billion in 2022, and is projected to reach $14.7 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2023 to 2032.
Wireless industrial routers are networking devices specifically designed for industrial environments to provide wireless connectivity and network management capabilities. These routers are built to withstand the harsh conditions and demanding requirements of industrial settings, such as manufacturing plants, oil and gas facilities, transportation systems, and utility infrastructures.
The primary function of wireless industrial routers is to enable wireless communication between various devices, machines, sensors, and systems within an industrial network. They facilitate the transmission of data, voice, and video signals over wireless networks, allowing for real-time monitoring, control, and data exchange.
Wireless industrial routers typically incorporate advanced features and technologies to meet the specific needs of industrial applications. Some key characteristics of wireless industrial routers are mentioned below.
- Robust and Industrial-Grade Construction: These routers are built with ruggedized designs and components to withstand extreme temperatures, vibrations, dust, moisture, and other challenging environmental conditions typically found in industrial settings. They are often designed with robust metal casings and protective measures to ensure reliable operation in harsh environments.
- Wireless Connectivity: Wireless industrial routers support various wireless communication standards, such as Wi-Fi, cellular (3G, 4G, or 5G), or proprietary wireless protocols. They provide reliable and secure wireless connectivity to connect industrial devices, sensors, machines, and control systems within the industrial network.
- Multiple Interfaces and Ports: Wireless industrial routers feature multiple Ethernet ports, serial ports, and input/output (I/O) interfaces to connect a wide range of devices and systems. These interfaces allow seamless integration with industrial equipment, sensors, and other network components.
- Security and Data Protection: Given the critical nature of industrial operations and the sensitivity of industrial data, wireless industrial routers incorporate robust security features to protect against unauthorized access, cyber threats, and data breaches. They often include features such as firewall protection, virtual private network (VPN) support, authentication mechanisms, and encryption protocols.
- Network Management and Monitoring: Wireless industrial routers offer advanced network management capabilities, allowing administrators to configure, monitor, and control the network infrastructure. They provide features like remote management, device diagnostics, network traffic monitoring, and firmware updates to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of the industrial network.
- Industrial Protocols and Compatibility: Wireless industrial routers are designed to support various industrial protocols and standards, such as Modbus, Profibus, Ethernet/IP, OPC UA, and others. This compatibility enables seamless integration with existing industrial control systems and equipment.
Wireless industrial routers play a critical role in enabling reliable and secure wireless connectivity within industrial wifi router environments. They facilitate the smooth operation of industrial processes, support the integration of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) devices, and enhance overall efficiency and productivity in industrial settings.
The wireless industrial router market is segmented into type and frequency band.
On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into modular routers, and non-modular routers. In 2022, the modular routers segment dominated the market, in terms of revenue, and it is expected to acquire major market share till 2032.
On the basis of frequency band, the market is segregated into single band, dual band, and tri band. The dual band segment acquired the largest share in 2022 and tri band is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2023 to 2032.
Region-wise, the Wireless industrial router market trends are analyzed across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Country-wise, the U.S. acquired a prime share in the wireless industrial router market share in the North American region and Canada is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period of 2023-2032.
In Europe, Germany, dominated the wireless industrial router market, in terms of revenue, in 2022 and is expected to follow the same trend during the forecast period. However, the France is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing country in Europe's wireless industrial router market outlook with a CAGR of 6.04%.
In Asia-Pacific, China, Japan, and India are expected to emerge as a significant market for the wireless industrial router market industry, owing to a significant rise in investment by prime players due to rise in investment in automation and robotics for small, medium and large manufacturers in rural and urban in the region.
By LAMEA region, the Latin America garner significant market share in 2022. The LAMEA wireless industrial router market has been witnessing improvement, owing to the growing inclination of companies towards utilizing the 5G technology and expanding manufacturing units of wireless industrial router across this region. Moreover, the Middle East region is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 5.82% from 2023 to 2032.
Competitive analysis and profiles of the major global wireless industrial router market players that have been provided in the report include Advantech, Alcatel-Lucent, ANTAIRA TECHNOLOGIES, LLC., Cisco, Four-Faith, HMS Networks, Moxa, Peplink, Queclink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., and Ruijie Networks Co., Ltd. The key strategies adopted by the major players of the industrial wifi router market are product launch, business expansion, acquisition, and product development.
Historical Data & Information
The global wireless industrial router market size is highly competitive, owing to the strong presence of existing vendors. Vendors of the wireless industrial router market with extensive technical and financial resources are expected to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors because they can cater to market demands. The competitive environment in this market is expected to worsen as technological innovations, product extensions, and different strategies adopted by key vendors increase.
Key Developments/ Strategies
Advantech, Alcatel-Lucent, ANTAIRA TECHNOLOGIES, LLC., Cisco, Four-Faith, HMS Networks, Moxa, Peplink, Queclink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., and Ruijie Networks Co., Ltd. are the top companies holding a prime share in the wireless industrial router market. Top market players have adopted various strategies, such as product development, and product launch others to expand their foothold in the Wireless industrial router market.
- In June 2023, Advantech, announced the launch of the AIW-300 series — the AIW-343. This 4G LTE Cat 4 wireless module from Advantech Industrial Wireless (AIW) is designed for AIoT applications requiring ubiquitous connectivity, dynamic mobility, and extreme security.
- In June 2021, Cisco announced a portfolio of Catalyst industrial routers to extend the power of the enterprise network to the edge with the flexibility, security and scalability needed for IoT success. Featuring 5G capabilities, the portfolio enables organizations to run connected operations at scale with choice of management tools suited for both IT and operations.
- In February 2023, Moxa Inc., introduced a lineup of next-generation industrial wireless networking solutions, featuring the AWK-3252A, AWK-4252A, and AWK-1151C Series AP/bridge/client. The AWK portfolio offers 802.11ac performance, IEC 62443-4-2 SL2 certified security, and dual-band Turbo Roaming for wireless reliability and availability.
- In April 2022, Antaira Technologies announced the launch of its industrial wireless family with the introduction of the ARS-7235-AC series, ARX-7235-AC-PD-T, and ARY-7235-AC-PD. The device allows a user to position the wireless antennas in a better signal-broadcasting location for improved wireless coverage and signal strength.
- In January 2021, Antaira Technologies announced the launch of ARS-7235-AC series. It is an industrial IEEE 802. It is designed for enterprise and industrial wireless applications. The device allows a user to position the wireless antennas in a better signal-broadcasting location for improved wireless coverage and signal strength.
- In April 2023, Four-Faith, announced the launch of 5G Indoor CPE, which taps into the full potential of leading 5G and 4G networks including NSA and SA modes. With high-performance Wi-Fi 6, it shatters speed and latency records while providing wider coverage and superior cooling for efficiency in high-heat environments.
- In April 2023, Queclink, launched WR300FG, a high-performance 5G dual SIM dual mode industrial router. The router, WR300FG, allows for stable network operations as well as secure and reliable data transmission even in harsh environments.
- In February 2022, Queclink announced the launch of its network solutions, helping customers and partners build secure and reliable connectivity for new possibilities. Its network solutions are suitable for a range of user cases, such as industrial automation – intelligent factory, energy, transportation and retail. They also work for various smart city solutions.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the wireless industrial router market analysis from 2022 to 2032 to identify the prevailing wireless industrial router market opportunity.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the wireless industrial router market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing wireless industrial router market demand.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global wireless industrial router market forecast.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the wireless industrial router industry players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global wireless industrial router market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and wireless industrial router market growth strategies.
Wireless Industrial Router Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2032
USD 14.7 billion
CAGR of 6.5%
2022 - 2032
By Frequency Band
Key Market Players
Queclink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., Alcatel-Lucent, Ruijie Networks Co., Ltd, Advantech Co., Ltd., Moxa Inc., Four-Faith, ANTAIRA TECHNOLOGIES, LLC., Peplink, HMS Networks, Cisco
Industries are increasingly adopting digital transformation strategies, which involve the integration of industrial IoT devices, automation systems, and data-driven processes. This growing need for reliable and secure connectivity within industrial environments drives the demand for wireless industrial routers. The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is expanding rapidly, with a growing number of connected devices and sensors in industrial settings. Wireless industrial routers play a vital role in facilitating seamless communication and data exchange between these devices, enabling real-time monitoring, analysis, and control.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of remote monitoring and control solutions. Wireless industrial routers enable remote access and management of industrial systems, allowing businesses to maintain operations and monitor critical processes from a distance. This demand is expected to continue even beyond the pandemic. The ongoing trend of industrial automation and the Industry 4.0 concept further drive the adoption of wireless industrial routers. These routers enable seamless integration and communication between various automation systems, enabling optimized and intelligent industrial processes.
The wireless industrial router market is witnessing consolidation among leading companies, resulting in increased resources, expertise, and innovation. This leads to the development of advanced features, improved performance, and customized solutions that cater to specific industrial requirements. These factors, among others, contribute to the positive growth outlook for the wireless industrial router market according to the perspectives of CXOs. It's important to note that market predictions and projections are subject to various external factors and market dynamics, and actual market growth may vary.