AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Research, 2031
The global ac-dc power supply adapter market was valued at $11.2 billion in 2022, and is projected to reach $24.5 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 8% from 2022 to 2031.
AC-DC power supply adapters, also known as AC-DC converters or wall warts, are electronic devices that convert alternating current (AC) power from a wall socket into direct current (DC) power that can be used to power a variety of electronic devices. These adapters are commonly utilised in a wide range of applications, including charging smartphones and laptops, as well as powering small appliances and electrical devices.
An AC-DC power supply adapter's principal role is to convert the high voltage and alternating current supplied by the power grid into a lower voltage and direct current that suits the requirements of the item being powered. A sequence of electronic components such as transformers, rectifiers, and voltage regulators are used to accomplish this conversion. A tiny plastic or metal container with input and output connectors is typical of an adapter. The input side is intended to be connected into a conventional AC outlet, while the output side offers a DC voltage and current appropriate for the device. The adapter's output voltage and current ratings are often labelled to guarantee compatibility with the device's power requirements.
The AC-DC power supply adapter industry is segmented into type, application, industry vertical and sales channel.
On the basis of type, the AC-DC power supply adapter market size is bifurcated into AC-DC wall power adapter and AC-DC external plug-in power adapter. In 2022, the AC-DC wall power adapter segment dominated the market, in terms of revenue, and it is expected to acquire a major market share till 2032.
On the basis of application, the AC-DC power supply adapter market share is segregated into home appliances, computer and laptop, mobile phones and wearable, electronics, automotive, lighting solutions, and others. The mobile phones and wearable segment acquired the largest share in 2022 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2022 to 2032.
On the basis of industry vertical, the AC-DC power supply adapter market forecast is divided into consumer electronics, telecommunications, food & beverages, medical & healthcare, military & aerospace, and industrial. The consumer electronics segment acquired the largest share in 2022 and food & beverages segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2022 to 2032.
On the basis of sales channel, the AC-DC power supply adapter market outlook is classified into direct sales and indirect sales. The direct sales segment acquired the largest share in 2022 and is expected to grow 2022 to 2032.
Region-wise, the AC-DC Power supply adapter market trends are analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Russia and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, rest of Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Competitive analysis and profiles of the major global AC-DC power supply adapter market players that have been provided in the report include Ametek Inc., B&K Precision Corporation, Delta Electronics, Inc., ETA-USA, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., ITECH ELECTRONIC CO., LTD., Keysight Technologies, KIKUSUI ELECTRONICS CORP, Rohde & Schwarz, and TEKTRONIX, INC.. The key strategies adopted by the major players of the AC-DC power supply adapter market opportunity are product launch, business expansion, acquisition, and product development.
Country-wise, the U.S. acquired a prime share in the AC-DC power supply adapter market demand in the North American region and Canada is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period of 2023-2032.
In Europe, Germany, dominated the AC-DC power supply adapter market, in terms of revenue, in 2022 and is expected to follow the same trend during the forecast period. However, the Italy is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing country in Europe's AC-DC Power supply adapter with a CAGR of 8.5%.
In Asia-Pacific, China is expected to emerge as a significant market for the AC-DC Power supply adapter market industry, owing to a significant rise in investment by prime players due to rise in investment in consumer electronics industry vertical in the region.
By LAMEA region, the Middle East garner significant market share in 2022. The LAMEA AC-DC power supply adapter market has been witnessing improvement, owing to the growing inclination of companies towards research and development and expanding manufacturing units of AC-DC Power supply adapter across this region. Moreover, the Brazil region is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 9.6% from 2023 to 2032.
Top Impacting Factors
The AC-DC power supply adapter market analysis is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to surge in demand for efficient and low-voltage high-current processors, increase in advancements in consumer electronics, medical, and automotive sectors, and technologically advanced AC-DC power supply as an alternative to a conventional electric load. Additionally, during the forecast period, the AC-DC Power supply adapter market is anticipated to benefit from the advent of digital transformation and automation for AC-DC power supply adapters. On the contrary, surge in mandatory safety standards and compliance with regulations is the prime restraint for AC-DC power supply adapter market growth during the forecast period.
Historical Data & Information
The global AC-DC power supply adapter market is highly competitive, owing to the strong presence of existing vendors. Vendors of the AC-DC Power supply adapter market with extensive technical and financial resources are expected to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors because they can cater to market demands. The competitive environment in this market is expected to worsen as technological innovations, product extensions, and different strategies adopted by key vendors increase.
Key Developments/ Strategies
Ametek Inc., B&K Precision Corporation, Delta Electronics, Inc., ETA-USA, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., ITECH ELECTRONIC CO., LTD., Keysight Technologies, KIKUSUI ELECTRONICS CORP, Rohde & Schwarz, and TEKTRONIX, INC. are the top companies holding a prime share in the AC-DC Power supply adapter market. Top market players have adopted various strategies, such as product development, acquisition, innovation, partnership, and others to expand their foothold in the AC-DC Power supply adapter market.
- In August 2022, EVgo Inc. announced that it has entered into a new supply agreement with Delta Electronics, a global provider of power and energy management solutions and leader in EV charging solutions. Under the agreement, Delta supplied EVgo with 1,000 fast chargers with up to 350kW power output, which supports EVgo's announced project with General Motors (GM) and Pilot Company, as well as other EVgo eXtend and fleet projects.
- In June 2022, Delta announced the launch of the C6 60 W USB-C adapter for Innergie's flagship. The C6 adapter takes advantage of Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology and boosts charging efficiency for consumers by up to 91.5%. The C6 lowers operating temperature by 10 degrees Fahrenheit at 60 W full load charging—compared to Innergie's previous 60C Pro generation of adapters.
- In May 2022, Huawei unveiled PowerPOD 3.0, a brand-new power supply system, in Dongguan, China. The rollouts, based on the collective wisdom and joint efforts between Huawei Data Center Facility Team and industry experts, reaffirm Huawei's commitment to building low-carbon, smart data centers.
- In January 2022, AMETEK announced the launch of PowerWave, the next generation of electronically controlled power source suitable for applications where exceptional performance is demanded. PowerWave is the ideal source to supply an EMC chamber and conducted test area with the power that is needed. It combines AC and DC adapter and allows charging in Mode 3 (AC) and Mode 4 (DC).
- In October 2022, Keysight Technologies, Inc. announced the Scienlab Regenerative DC Emulator (SL1800A Series), the next generation high power direct current (DC) emulator for electric vehicle (EV) fast charging applications that enables customers to achieve high-power DC charging test up to 270 kilowatts (kW) in a small footprint.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the ac-dc power supply adapter market analysis from 2022 to 2032 to identify the prevailing ac-dc power supply adapter market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the ac-dc power supply adapter market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global ac-dc power supply adapter market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2032
USD 24.5 billion
CAGR of 8%
2022 - 2032
By Industry Vertical
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
KIKUSUI ELECTRONICS CORP, ETA-USA, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd., Chroma ATE Inc., Delta Electronics, Inc., B&K Precision Corporation, TEKTRONIX, INC., Rohde & Schwarz, Keysight Technologies, ITECH Electronic Co., Ltd., Ametek Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
An AC/DC power supply is designed to convert alternating current (AC) into a consistent direct current (DC) voltage so that various electrical devices can be powered by it. AC-DC power supply adapter provides safety by converting high voltage power into low voltage to charge battery-operated electronics devices used across industrial, commercial, and residential sectors.
Moreover, the rise in innovations in 5G Internet of Things, electric vehicles, and other electronic devices is expected to drive the growth of the AC-DC power supply adapter market. The global AC-DC power supply adapter market is highly competitive owing to the strong presence of existing vendors. AC-DC power supply adapter vendors, who have access to extensive technical and financial resources, are anticipated to gain a competitive edge over their rivals, as they have the capacity to cater to the market requirements.
The competitive environment in this market is expected to further intensify with an increase in technological innovations, product extensions, and different strategies adopted by key vendors. Rise in demand for portable devices across residential, healthcare, industrial, and commercial sector globally drives the need for next generation portable electronic solutions to enhance AC-DC power supply adapter solutions.
Moreover, prime economics, such as the U.S., China, Germany, and Japan, plan to develop and deploy next generation power adapter solutions across various consumer electronics applications such as portal devices and digital TVs, which is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities for market growth. Among the analyzed regions, Asia-Pacific exhibits the highest share of AC-DC power supply adapter market during the forecast period and has been experiencing massive expansion of the market.
On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a faster pace due to lucrative growth opportunities in the emerging countries such as the India and rest of Asia-Pacific investing in these technologies. Regions such as Middle East and Africa are expected to offer new opportunities for the growth of the AC-DC power supply adapter market in the future.