Infant formula is a manufactured food designed and marketed for feeding toddlers. It is specially intended by the manufacturers to meet the nutritional requirements of the baby. Infant formula is required when there is an inadequate supply of maternal breast milk, inefficient sucking by the baby, mother needs to work outside home, and mother has certain medical problems. The infant formula contains recommended amount of protein, fat, carbohydrate, vitamins, and minerals required for babys healthy growth & development. The commonly used formula contains purified cows milk whey & casein as a protein source, a blend of vegetable oils as a fat source, lactose as a carbohydrate source, and a vitamin-mineral mix.
Growth in urbanization, surge in disposable income, increase in number of working women, and rise in population base drive the global market. The need for baby food is also increased owing to the inability of child to breastfeed, if mother is allergic to certain types of food, and lack of other sources of breastmilk. However, stringent regulations associated with the production of infant formula food hinders the market growth.
The global baby infant formula market is segmented based on its type and geography. On the basis of type, it is categorized as ready-to-feed formula, concentrated liquid formula, and powder formula. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Nestl SA, Danone SA, Bledina SA, Abbott Laboratories, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Kraft Heinz Company, Meiji Holdings Co. Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Beingmate Baby & Child Food Co. Ltd., and Synutra International, Inc. is also included in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global baby infant formula market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Baby Infant Formula Market Key Segments:
- Ready-to-Feed Formula
- Concentrated Liquid Formula
- Powder Formula
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The other major players in the industry are:
- Morinaga Milk Industry Co. Ltd.
- Ballamy Organics
- Heinz Company
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on interest.