Bio-implants Market Overview:
Global Bio-implants Market is expected to garner $115.8 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period 2014 - 2020. Bio-implants have emerged as a promising solution for the variety of conditions such as cardiovascular, dental, orthopedic, ophthalmology, neurological disorders and others.
High prevalence of disease conditions such as cardiovascular, orthopedic and spinal disorders that can be treated via bio implants are the key drivers of the market. According to American College Of Surgeons, 29% of the trauma injuries were caused by road accidents; the instances of road accidents and death due to the same are rising to about 2.2% globally. Such patients undergoing traumatic injuries can be effectively treated with the market. Such afore-mentioned factor and multifarious analogous factors across cardiovascular, spinal and ophthalmic disorders drive the growth of the market.
The global bio-implants market is segmented based on product types and geography. Within the product types, the market is segmented into cardiovascular, dental and prosthetic implants, orthopedic/joint reconstruction and replacement, spinal, ophthalmology and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into four regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Key players operating in the bio-implants market focus on product launch, and continual R&D on variants of the market in order to retain competitive advantage. These players also adopt inorganic growth strategy to augment geographical diversification. Few of such companies mentioned in the report are Stryker Corporation, Dentsply international, Ethicon Inc., Wright Medical Group, DePuy Synthes, Biomet (Zimmer), Smith & Nephew, KLS martin and Medtronic.
Key Benefits of Bio-implants Market
- An in-depth analysis of the current bio-implants market scenario in order to estimate future market and to provide trend-analysis that would facilitate decision making
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 would assist strategy officials to design business strategies intended to capitalize on opportunities in the market
- Identification of key product segments based on current and potential growth prospects to reveal most profitable segments that can be catered to by the market players
- Analysis of business models, SWOT analysis and key strategies adopted by few leading market players to reveal insights on competitive analysis scenario
Bio-implants Market Key Segments
by Product Types
- Cardiovascular bio-implants
- Pacing devices
- Dental and Prosthetic bio-implants
- Orthopedic/joint reconstruction and replacement bio-implants
- Trauma Implants
- Sport Medicines
- Spinal bio-implants
- Thoracolumber implants
- Interverteberal spacers
- Machined Allograft Spacers
- Motion Preservation implants
- Implantable spinal stimulators
- Ophthalmology bio-implants
- Glaucoma Implants
- Intraocular Implants
- Other bio-implants
- North America