The Angelica Sinensis plant, a traditional Chinese medicinal herb is used to make Dong Quai. It is known as female ginseng in various locations due to its historic use to treat women's reproductive system problems. Dong Quai is grown in China, Korea, and Japan at high altitudes and in cold climates. Menopausal symptoms, heart illnesses, amenorrhea, high blood pressure, and issues with the male & female reproductive systems are all treated with the help of Dong Quai usage. The growth in demand for traditional medicine around the world is likely to fuel the dong quai industry.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Before the start of COVID-19, global trade was already declining, dragged down by trade tensions and slowing economic development, such as uncertainties caused by Brexit, the US-China trade war, and the Japan-South Korea trade war.
- According to a WTO assessment, trade is likely to drop by 13 percent to 32 percent in 2020 as the pandemic has affected normal economic activity and life around the world.
- Exports have fallen as a result of the prolonged global slump, which has been exacerbated by the current COVID-19 situation. The latter resulted in widespread supply chain and demand disruptions, resulting in order cancellations.
- According to research, when China reopened its economy, global exports first recovered across the board. However, forecasts for recovery in 2021 are dubious, with outcomes primarily dependent on the length of the outbreak and the efficiency of governmental interventions.
Top Impacting Factors
- The growth in demand for traditional medicine around the world is likely to fuel the dong quai industry.
- In addition, with the rise in sedentary lifestyles, more and more people have shifted to supplement diets to meet daily nutritional requirements and preserve normal bodily functions.
- As medicinal and herbal tea industry grows globally, dong quai tea market is predicted to increase fast across geographies.
- During the projected period, rise in demand for organic products in the food and beverage industry is expected to increase demand for organic dong quai.
- The lack of scientific evidence for a number of dong quai's associated advantages is expected to cause pause.
Imposition of Lockdowns has made Lifestyle very Sedentary
Asia-Pacific is a prominent market for dong quai globally. This could be due to the region's big traditional market for the commodity. Meanwhile, the availability of a large consumer base for natural food and beverage goods across North America is expected to make the region a prominent market in the coming years. Furthermore, due to the growth in demand for herbal tea in the region, Europe is expected to be a significant market for dong quai during the forecast period. Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa are expected to increase at a high rate as well.
Awareness about the Benefits of Natural Medicine
One of the primary elements that drive the market's growth is growth in knowledge about the benefits and usage of dong quai. The trend toward a holistic approach to health has been on the rise, leading to an increase in the use of natural therapies such as herbal supplements to treat various disorders. Furthermore, during times when other medications are less effective or have undesirable side effects, there has been an increase in demand for natural herbs. As a result, herbs such as dong quai are popular among consumers looking for natural alternatives to medications that can be addictive or damage quality of life.
Many still Prefer Pharmaceuticals over Natural Medicine
Despite this, there is still a lack of knowledge about the advantages and hazards of using these plants for a number of ailments. Most markets are projected to remain flat in terms of growth over the next few years without an awareness campaign or widespread availability to boost demand from consumers. This could be due to the fact that many individuals are unaware that they can get herbal therapies without having to go through a middleman like a doctor or a pharmacy. If traditional medicines do not include more natural therapies into their own products when possible, availability is anticipated to stay limited – something that would enhance supply and demand across all regions simultaneously.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dong quai market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the dong quai market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the dong quai market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed dong quai market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Dong Quai Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the dong quai market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "dong quai market" prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "dong quai market"?
Dong Quai Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Carrubba Inc.,, Xian Yuensun Biological Technology Co. Ltd.,, Amax NutraSource, Inc.,, Bio Botanica, Inc., and, Naturex Group,, Symrise Inc,, Organic Herb Inc.,